Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants to do a Box Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Oh, like you need some kind of personal invitation... You want some cheese with that whine of yours???

Yes, Brie please. I expect immediate shipping of course. No dilly-dallying George.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

2. Default

I might be in...playing with the big boys sounds like fun, not sure you guys can handle me though.

Depends on the schedule of the pass. Im getting married this summer, so Im out the July 4th weekend, then from July 14th to basically, the end of the month. With a possible week in August for a honeymoon.

Of course, the pass could just...end at my house as a wedding present. And instead of Puts and Takes, you could all just do Puts, I'd like that...yeah I think I'd like that a lot. Thanks for giving me the idea ggiese, this will be the best wedding present ever.

Why doesnt CP have these cool smilies:

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Yes, Brie please. I expect immediate shipping of course. No dilly-dallying George.

Oh, the stinky cheese.... Figures....

Blog Entries

Okay, it looks like we're full here. Here's the proposed order:

1. cigarsarge (TN)
    2. ggiese (IL)
    3. hortsch (MN)
    4. JAEwing (CA)
    5. Grand Cru No2 (TX)
    6. labmonkey (TX)
    7. Drake (TX)
    8. Hex1848 (FL)
    9. PuffTheMagicDragon (WV)
    10. Diesel Grinch (NJ)
    Home to me in Connecticut

I need address AND phone number information from:
    Hex1848

Once I get all this information, I can put the list together. If my inbox is full, please EMAIL me your information.

Many passes have some kind of "Gimmick" or twist to make things interesting so here's the deal, at the end of this pass we'll have a "lottery" of sorts with some of the extra sticks. And NO, I'm NOT just going to take the ones I want and lottery off the rest

What I figure I will do is once the pass gets back to me, I'll list ALL the cigars numerically and we'll use one of the Connecticut State Lottery drawings to:

1. Select exactly which cigars from the pass to be put in the prize pack (by some scheme I'll figure out once I figure out how many cigars will make up the prize package)
    AND
    2. Since there are TEN of you in the pass (which makes things REAL easy) I'll use your placement in the pass order as your "number" and I'll pick a certain day and we'll use the LAST number in the Connecticut "Play 3" to determine the winner of the prize pacakge.

I'll start a new thread to follow the pass and people's "Puts & Takes" and we'll call it the:

"Connecticut Lottery Pass"

Okay? So, for those of you I need your information from SEND IT TO ME via PM or EMAIL so we can get this going ASAP

This should run very smoothly Puff is the only person in the pass I really don't "know" or have not traded with in the past which is okay because I've got the "Martinsburg Mafia" trio of Shadow, SmokinaFuente & BACCHUS from CigarSnobs to right down the road from him so they'll be watchin' ya Puff

So does everyone "Get it"?

EDIT - Information received from Labmonkey and Diesel Grinch
    Double EDIT - Information received from PuffTheMagicDragon
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-20-2005 at 09:42 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

In case any of you are wondering about "rules" or whatever there really is no need for many of the rules that were required in the first box pass here.

The preferred shipping method is USPS Priority Mail or any other shipping method that you prefer to use that includes some sort of delivery confirmation.

DO NOT "insure" the package. This is a complete waste of money as you will never be successful making any kind of a claim with the USPS if the package does not reach its destination since you will not have and "receipts" in order to qualify to make a claim.

There is no limit on how many cigars you take from the pass (in the first pass here, for some crazy reason, participants were limited to taking no more than six cigars from the pass ).

The only "rule" along these lines is "Equal puts for equal takes" which doesn't take a degree in rocket science to figure out what that means. AND if you want to take 25 cigars and put in 25 cigars of equal value, be my guest. If you have any questions about your Puts & Takes, just post in the thread or PM me.

I will include a Put & Take sheet in the pass box that is pretty self explanatory once you see it (the first two guys in the pass order know the deal so you can read the paperwork to see how they listed their P/T's and follow their lead). Again, this is not rocket science.

You also must POST in the thread which cigars you took and which ones you are putting in the pass.

If the box looks too beat up when you receive it, you'll have to replace it. This MAY happen once or twice, during this pass OR we may get lucky and the original box will make it all the way through.

It's also a good idea to make sure the person you are sending it to is "ready" to receive it. Hopefully that person is following the thread and will indicate that he's ready. If not, you should PM, Email or CALL him just to make sure. There have been rare cases of people who signed up for a pass that have fallen off the face of the earth by the time the pass gets to them. With the line-up that we have here, I highly doubt that will happen. Fortunately, just about every place this pass is going, I know people from other cigar boards in your areas that can follow up if necessary (especially those guys in Martinsburg whose last names end in vowels )

As far as Marc and his wedding plans, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. We may move Marc from 3rd in the pass order and place him between the Texas guys and Hex. When George is ready to send it, we'll see if Marc has the time to participate.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-19-2005 at 02:05 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

6. Default

Looks like I'm first. Usually I'm in the middle of the pack. I'm ready when ever you are Bill.

Man, I'm smack in the middle! That's sweet.

This is great timing since my pass on CP will be coming to an end later this week. C'mon CC, fire the starting shot.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    This should run very smoothly Puff is the only person in the pass I really don't "know" or have not traded with in the past which is okay because I've got the "Martinsburg Mafia" trio of Shadow, SmokinaFuente & BACCHUS from CigarSnobs to right down the road from him so they'll be watchin' ya Puff
    You can trust me, I'm a cop

9. Default

Last I heard cops were not ot be trusted.

Yup, can't trust em one bit.... I hear they all stick together... something about a Blue Wall

No, Tommy - it's the "Thin Blue Line"... Which means they like to play hockey.

Blog Entries

UPDATE:

Still waiting to hear from Hex. I sent him a PM tow days ago. I have his business PO Box but I don't know if that's where he wants us to send the pass.

Otherwise, we're just about ready to roll with this
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

UPDATE:

Still waiting to hear from Hex. I sent him a PM tow days ago. I have his business PO Box but I don't know if that's where he wants us to send the pass.

Otherwise, we're just about ready to roll with this

How many days is tow?

Blog Entries

OUCH

Where are my damned reading glasses?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

For those who dont remember, This is my vacation week. Been at the beach all week. I had to come through town to send out some orders. I'm going back tommorrow morning.

PM has been sent with info to CC.
    Sorry about the delay guys.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

OH WOW, thanks for reminding me you won't be around, I'd forgotten.

OKAY I HEREBY DECLARE THIS PLACE TO BE A FREE-FOR-ALL while hex is on vacation
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

17. Default

OH WOW, thanks for reminding me you won't be around, I'd forgotten.

OKAY I HEREBY DECLARE THIS PLACE TO BE A FREE-FOR-ALL while hex is on vacation
    I'm gonna bad mouth all you assholes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    Im gonna mispel evrything i tipe while hes gone
    I'm not out of town yet.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

19. Default

CC talked me into it...sorry

Bill have you had a chance to work on this?

Thread Information