Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants to do a Box Pass?

Patience, Grasshopper!!!

He's been doing prep work for a car show that was this last Sunday. He's in the FINAL process of getting it together and out the door. Should be on the road this week.

Believe me, it will be worth the wait!

My Bad. I forgot that he was doing that.

The nerve of him to have a life outside of doing things for us.

Good Luck at the show Bill.

Blog Entries

Sorry the delay on this y'all but I hope to mail it out on 7/2 to CigarSarge. EDIT*** I had mentioned something about starting another thread but never mind, we'll just continue this thread.

Oh, I got hosed at the show I was competing against a guy who had a 1985 XJ6 with only 8,000 miles on it so the car was darn near perfect.

BUT, before the show started, I looked over his car. He didn't spend any time cleaning it which is a big no no, he had wrong hose clamps in at least three places AND he had aftermarket Dayton wire wheels on the car which is a MANDATORY 2 point deduction.

Since he's the former president of the club that sponsored the show, the judges did not penalize him for the wrong wheels, they did not inspect his trunk, they didn't write him up for the wrong hose clamps so I came in 2nd. If they had played by the rules, I would have beaten him because I scored a 99.050. The old "home field" advantage deal screwed me which is total bullshit.

Actually, I'm really competing for points nationally and I don't think the other guy is. In order to compete nationally, you have to participate in at least THREE shows. This was my 2nd and only his first. I may take to car out to Cleveland in August or down to Richmond in September. There's a third show in Massachusetts in August but I'd like to try and get a fourth show in because they toss out your lowest score that way (they only use your top three).
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-02-2005 at 01:11 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Sorry the delay on this y'all but I hope to mail it out on 7/2 to CigarSarge. I'll start another thread so we can track the progress of the pass once I box it up and get a DC#

Oh, I got hosed at the show I was competing against a guy who had a 1985 XJ6 with only 8,000 miles on it so the car was darn near perfect.

BUT, before the show started, I looked over his car. He didn't spend any time cleaning it which is a big no no, he had wrong hose clamps in at least three places AND he had aftermarket Dayton wire wheels on the car which is a MANDATORY 2 point deduction.

Since he's the former president of the club that sponsored the show, the judges did not penalize him for the wrong wheels, they did not inspect his trunk, they didn't write him up for the wrong hose clamps so I came in 2nd. If they had played by the rules, I would have beaten him because I scored a 99.050. The old "home field" advantage deal screwed me which is total bullshit.

Actually, I'm really competing for points nationally and I don't think the other guy is. In order to compete nationally, you have to participate in at least THREE shows. This was my 2nd and only his first. I may take to car out to Cleveland in August or down to Richmond in September. There's a third show in Massachusetts in August but I'd like to try and get a fourth show in because they toss out your lowest score that way (they only use your top three).
    congrats!

Blog Entries

The pass is all boxed up and ready to be shipped. I had planned on preparing a suitable box this morning and getting it in the mail today but I had an emergency at home this morning.

It should be in the mail to cigarsarge on Tuesday.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

6. Default

Eagerly awating the arrival of the pass.

Blog Entries

Okay Sarge, DC# is:

0103 8555 7493 4916 8086

The box will go in the mail on Tuesday, July 5th and Sarge should get it on Thursday, July 7th.

The box is a little over five pounds so it's on the border of not being cost effective to ship via the US Mail. When the distance is relatively short, it's probably best to ship it through the US Mail but when boxes start getting over five pounds like this one AND you have to ship it kind of far, UPS Ground may save you some money. Feel free to use whatever method is best for you so long as it has some sort of delivery confirmation or tracking.

There are plenty of cigar baggies, mailing labels, DC tickets and a couple of label sheets if you want to print the shipping labels on line and a "Sharpie" is included for you to write the number of the cigar on the baggie that corresponds to the number you list on the Put/Take sheet.

I doubled up two cardboard boxes that bottles of booze come in and glued them together to make a very sturdy box so it SHOULD make it through the entire rotation. Again, if the box is in extremely poor condition, PLEASE find another box to ship the contents of the pass in.

We're finally underway with this. Ggiese, please be sure to check with Marc Hortsch before you ship it to him since he's busy with his wedding plans an' all. We can put him in the rotation AFTER the Texas guys if need be.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-02-2005 at 01:22 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

We're finally underway with this. Ggiese, please be sure to check with Marc Hortsch before you ship it to him since he's busy with his wedding plans an' all. We can put him in the rotation AFTER the Texas guys if need be.
    Got it, CC Can't wait to get it!!

how long do you think the pass will take? I may have to get in on the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    how long do you think the pass will take? I may have to get in on the next one.
    Depending on how quickly this gets turned around by the participants - usually around 6 - 8 weeks with 10 participants at the outside...

11. Default

There is gonna be booze in this pass???? Me like booze.

The pass is all boxed up and ready to be shipped. I had planned on preparing a suitable box this morning and getting it in the mail today but I had an emergency at home this morning.

It should be in the mail to cigarsarge on Tuesday.
    Hopefully all is well now at home CCAt.?

Thanks for taking this pass on and hosting it. I look forward to participating too. I will be in touch with you (CCat) via PM to get my Puts/Takes approved.

Thanks again.

- Jason
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

13. Default

Here are my tenative OUT OF TOWN dates for the wedding and such...

July 14th–17th
    July 20nd–24th
    Aug 1st–Aug 8th

Ggiese, let me know when you get this box if this will be an issue, and I'll make sure CC reworks the rotation.

Thanks a bunch for letting me participate in this, with my busy month ahead and all.

Damn...17 days of freedom left

14. Default

Either I got the crap bombed out of me or the pass has arrived.

I'll go through it later today and post puts and takes today or tomorrow.

15. Default

OK guys and gals...Here is the first puts and takes, approved by the host CC.

Take: #2 San Cristobal El Principe...Put: #23 Partagas Short 2004

Take: #6 H. Upman Mag 46...Put: #24 Monte #2 2003

Take: #11 DC Maximus #4 Toro... Put: #25 Padron 1964 Imperial

Take: #16 858 Maddie...Put... #26 AF SG Double Chateau

Take: #20 Oliva O Maddie Oasis ...Put: #27 LFD 500 Ligero Oscuro

Put: #28 ERDM Choix Supreme 2001 Cabinet

Put: #29 Comacho Liberty Amendment XII Coffin

Thanks to CC for allowing me to play and hosting this pass. It will be heading to Chicagoland and brother George Monday AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge

Thanks to CC for allowing me to play and hosting this pass. It will be heading to Chicagoland and brother George Monday AM.

Excellent!!! Bring it on!!!

Blog Entries

Holy MOMMA!!!

Nice job there Sarge

I forgot to tell you passers, there is a small syringe in the pass to recharge the beads in each of the two tupperware containters. My guess is this won't have to be done until it reaches Texas since those beads will keep their charge for quite a while.

Pass on!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

18. Default

So what are the chances of this thing hitting my doorstep on the 18th?

Or do we think it's best to push me farther down the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    So what are the chances of this thing hitting my doorstep on the 18th?

Or do we think it's best to push me farther down the lineup?
    I'm going to try and slip it in the time windows you posted earlier... I hope it's not a problem with all the other stuff you got going on... If so, let us know - we can toss you in a little later.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge

Awesome plays Sarge! You da man!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Thread Information