Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants to do a Box Pass?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Wifey poo got the pass out yesterday - it's on it's way to Marc. Should be there maybe Tuesday - Wednesday at the latest???
    If she got it in the mail on Saturday, it should be to Marc by Monday. Definitely no later than Tuesday so I think we'll be all set with this.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

2. Default

Man, I came home today from lunch to find probably the best wedding present ever, a box of 28 random baddass looking cigars!

Ps & Ts will be accessed tonight, pass sent tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    Man, I came home today from lunch to find probably the best wedding present ever, a box of 28 random baddass looking cigars!

Ps & Ts will be accessed tonight, pass sent tomorrow!
    Doi'n the dance here as I already see some with my name on them.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Excellent!!! Glad you got it today - give you some time to makes puts/takes and get it back out fairly easily. Plus, you oughta be able to pull a nice wedding smoke out of there...

5. Default

Proposed Ps & Ts: Please look them over and make any suggestions. This is my 2nd pass, and I am relying on the help of you guys!!! Plus, Im stressed out to the max and about to implode from this wedding, I can't believe the shit you have to go through to get married!!!

Takes:
    ERDM Choix 01
    RASCC
    AF Sg Double Chateau
    La Gloria Cubana Churchill

Put:
    VR Famoso Robusto
    Cohiba Sig I
    H.Upmann Monarch Tube
    RyJ Rerserve Corona Maddie

Again, please please please make any suggestions, critisisms, or anything you may not be happy with about my plays. There's only one way for me to learn the ways of the pass! I can remove and rework if needed.

Thanks for letting me play, escpecially with my busy schedule. 5 days and counting.

I was thinking of putting a Partagas Serie D 2005 Reserva ISOM with a 2 finger case and taking the PAM or the Opus.

I kid, not sure who will get that.

Blog Entries

Looks good to me!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Looks good to me!
    You gonna let him play the Partagas and the two finger case?

Nice plays!!!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    You gonna let him play the Partagas and the two finger case?

I'll give you "two fingers" there sarge:

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

10. Default

JW

Commence PeePee Dance

I really appreciate allowing me to participate. I wish I had a stronger arsenol, there were some bad-looking sticks in that box...it was damn hard not to trade out with some of my premo's, but I haven't tried half of what's in my humi, so it makes sense to hold on to them!

Please doing business. Wish me luck, 4 days and counting.

Sorry to interupt on the pass but, where do you get those ziplocks?

Great plays, Marc!!! Congrats and good luck!!!

I don't think I have to worry about this but for a heads up I will be gone all next week without a computer to check in. The pass shouldn't even be close to coming to me yet.

Default Package Received

Box came this morning to my office. Busy at work now but initial inspection shows no problems. Box has already taken a beating so I will look for a replacement.

I will post proposed puts/takes tonight once I get home as well as recharge the humidifiers.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hevyboy
    Sorry to interupt on the pass but, where do you get those ziplocks?
    Veripack
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-21-2005 at 11:11 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    Box came this morning to my office. Busy at work now but initial inspection shows no problems. Box has already taken a beating so I will look for a replacement.

I will post proposed puts/takes tonight once I get home as well as recharge the humidifiers.
    Gezuz This is only the 4th stop and I doubled up that box and made it as strong as possible and it STILL gets trashed. This is ridiculous
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Default Here are my proposed Puts/Takes

Take . . . #34 Torano Ex. 1959 Silver Robusto
    Put . . . Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro Belicoso

Take . . . #15 CAO MX2 Toro
    Put . . . Rocky Patel Sungrown Toro

Take . . . #40 H. Upmann Monarch tube
    Put . . . Carlos Torano Ex. 1959 Gold Toro

Take . . . #17 El Rey Del Mundo Robusta Larga
    Put . . . La Gloria Cubana Serie R #6

Be kind if I have not made equal trades . . . still a NOOB here.

- Jason

Blog Entries

Looks fine to me Thanks Jason, great job!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

You disappoint me, Jason... I was thinking you would make a play on the Padron 1926... I left it there for you, even though it was awful tempting.

The rest are great plays!!!

Default Allrighty Then

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    You disappoint me, Jason... I was thinking you would make a play on the Padron 1926... I left it there for you, even though it was awful tempting.

The rest are great plays!!!
    You have no idea how much I wanted to get into that other bag (ISOM and SP) especially the Cohibas and that 1926. Unfortunately, my humi does nothave anything (that I have not yet tried) that would be considered an equitable trade.

I am very happy with the selection I was able to get in the "Po-Boys" bag I know, I know . . . you are all probably saying to yourself "Po-Boy?" Po-Boy" That mutha is a damn attorney, what the is he saying Po-Boy for" Well I have only been an attorney since December 2004 and only had a job since Feb. 2005. Plus for some silly reason the wife wants the bills paid and the kids want to eat. (no mooch intended here . . . I still have some $$$ to get smokes just not high end and ISOM . . . plus some of my fellow BOTL have been very generous).

Anyway . . . back to the pass. Glad the P/T was good. I should be able to get this box in the mail today. Not bad, less than 24 hrs. As for the box . . . I do not think I have a suitable replacement. However, after closer inspection it appears all of the "damage" is cosmetic and not necessarily structural and it should fare well.

Thanks CCat for getting this thing off the ground and setting up such a great selection of smokes.

- Jason

EDIT - For the spelling error you nit-pickers!
    Last edited by jaewing; 07-22-2005 at 11:06 AM.

Thread Information