Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who wants to do a Box Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    You have no idea how much I wanted to get into that other bag (ISOM and SP) especially the Cohibas and that 1926. Unfortunately, my humi does nothave anything (that I have not yet tried) that would be considered an equitable trade.

I am very happy with the selection I was able to get in the "Po-Boys" bag I know, I know . . . you are all probablyt saying to yourself "Po-Boy?" Po-Boy" That mutha is a damn attorney, what the is he saying Po-Boy for" Well I have only been an attorney since December 2004 and only had a job since Feb. 2005. Plus for some silly reason the wife wants the bills paid and the kids want to eat. (no mooch intended here . . . I still have some $$$ to get smokes just not high end and ISOM . . . plus some of my fellow BOTL have been very generous).

Anyway . . . back to the pass. Glad the P/T was good. I should be able to get this box in the mail today. Not bad, less than 24 hrs. As for the box . . . I do not think I have a suitable replacement. However, after closer inspection it appears all of the "damage" is cosmetic and not necessarily structural and it should fare well.

Thanks CCat for getting this thing off the ground and setting up such a great selection of smokes.

- Jason

For CC:
    What the hell is probablyt

It's Probably!

You have no idea how much I wanted to get into that other bag (ISOM and SP) especially the Cohibas and that 1926. Unfortunately, my humi does nothave anything (that I have not yet tried) that would be considered an equitable trade.
    I, too, get the evil eye and the frying pan our from the little lady of the house when I start my out-loud argument, "Bills... Cigars.... Bills... Cigars..." Generally the bills win, but once in a great while....

3. Default

Bills...We don't need no stinkin bills!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    You disappoint me, Jason... I was thinking you would make a play on the Padron 1926... I left it there for you, even though it was awful tempting.

The rest are great plays!!!
    Don't worry George. I think I know someone who has their eye on that one.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

The box went in the mail yesterday. Here is the DC# 0304 0370 0001 6397 2533

Thanks for letting me in on this one. Too bad for me . . . good for everyone else . . . that I could not get into that "other bag" but I am really looking forward to that CAO MX2 and the ERDM.

- Jason
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Don't worry George. I think I know someone who has their eye on that one.

Beware...Smoking that one will only ruin your wallet. You will spend the rest of your life on an endless quest of the elusive 1926.

Blog Entries

I would guess that the box should be okay Jason, so long as it didn't have broken seams or holes punched in it, it should be fine. Thanks for the FAST turnaround

Next up is Spurs country in the Lone Star State and it should arrive on Monday. This thing is moving along at breakneck speed.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    Beware...Smoking that one will only ruin your wallet. You will spend the rest of your life on an endless quest of the elusive 1926.
    I'm already on that quest brother!

9. Default

I am looking forward to winning the lottery when it's over. Yall put in some nice gars for the sarge to win.

10. Default

I think the newly married man on this pass should "WIN" the lottery.

What an amazing weekend . . .

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    I think the newly married man on this pass should "WIN" the lottery.

What an amazing weekend . . .
    Just because you got your wee-wee wet don't make you a winner.

Pkg arrived today. Everything seems to be in order. The box seems to be holding up fine. Paul's (labmonkey) out of town until Wednesday so it looks like I will be sitting on this thing for a couple days.

My P/ts are as follows:

p: Padron 1926 #1 nat
    t: Padron 1926 #1 mad

p: RP Vintage 1992 Toro
    t: RP Sun Grown Torp

p: Griffins Special Edition XX
    t: PAM Imperial

There is one more P/T I would like to make but I want to make sure everyone is ok with it first.

p: La Aurora Preferidos #1
    t: Camacho Liberty

Seems that there is a $2-$3 price difference between these two sticks with the Preferidos being on the lower end. In my opinion this seems comparable and I have run this by our Preferido whoring pass host, but he's obviously a bit partial. So, I would like to know if anyone thinks I would be "trading down" here. Please be honest and feel free to berate me all you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Pkg arrived today. Everything seems to be in order. The box seems to be holding up fine. Paul's (labmonkey) out of town until Wednesday so it looks like I will be sitting on this thing for a couple days.

My P/ts are as follows:

p: Padron 1926 #1 nat
    t: Padron 1926 #1 mad

p: RP Vintage 1992 Toro
    t: RP Sun Grown Torp

p: Griffins Special Edition XX
    t: PAM Imperial

There is one more P/T I would like to make but I want to make sure everyone is ok with it first.

p: La Aurora Preferidos #1
    t: Camacho Liberty

Seems that there is a $2-$3 price difference between these two sticks with the Preferidos being on the lower end. In my opinion this seems comparable and I have run this by our Preferido whoring pass host, but he's obviously a bit partial. So, I would like to know if anyone thinks I would be "trading down" here. Please be honest and feel free to berate me all you wish.

Personally, I like the La Aurora better than the Camacho any day, even though it is a couple of bucks cheaper...

I refilled one of the humidifiers (the other seemed alright for the short trip to Houston). Drake, pkg should arrive tomorrow or Saturday.

DC# 0103 8555 7494 5022 4275

Thanks for letting me play CC!

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    I am looking forward to winning the lottery when it's over. Yall put in some nice gars for the sarge to win.
    Lottery? Lottery? Did I miss something here with regard to a lottery and this pass?
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Lottery? Lottery? Did I miss something here with regard to a lottery and this pass?

Oh, yeah!!! Free cigars at the end. CC is going to place a group of the cigars out of the pass (the "extras") into a lottery. The lucky winner will be sent a package of goodies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Oh, yeah!!! Free cigars at the end. CC is going to place a group of the cigars out of the pass (the "extras") into a lottery. The lucky winner will be sent a package of goodies!!!
    Cool how is the winner selected? Or should I just go back and read through this thread more carefully

Cool how is the winner selected? Or should I just go back and read through this thread more carefully

Here ya go, Jason...

Many passes have some kind of "Gimmick" or twist to make things interesting so here's the deal, at the end of this pass we'll have a "lottery" of sorts with some of the extra sticks. And NO, I'm NOT just going to take the ones I want and lottery off the rest

What I figure I will do is once the pass gets back to me, I'll list ALL the cigars numerically and we'll use one of the Connecticut State Lottery drawings to:

1. Select exactly which cigars from the pass to be put in the prize pack (by some scheme I'll figure out once I figure out how many cigars will make up the prize package)
    AND
    2. Since there are TEN of you in the pass (which makes things REAL easy) I'll use your placement in the pass order as your "number" and I'll pick a certain day and we'll use the LAST number in the Connecticut "Play 3" to determine the winner of the prize pacakge.

I'll start a new thread to follow the pass and people's "Puts & Takes" and we'll call it the:

"Connecticut Lottery Pass"

19. Default

that is one hell of a twist. these passes are pretty cool things to watch and learn about.

K&P

Like I said in the free cigars thread, once I find someplace 'round my way to buy good cigars, I'm so in on something like this...I guess it wouldn't hurt to learn whats good and what isn't either!

Thread Information