Thread: Who wants to do a Box Pass?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Who wants to do a Box Pass?

Since Cocky took his ball and went home to CockyTalk it looks like he won't be doing his pass here. Any of you guys want to get in on a pass that starts with these cigars?

Havanas:
    Punch PC del Punch
    San Cristobal El Principe
    Quintero Brevas
    Ramon Allones Small Club Corona
    Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos
    Cohiba Siglo IV
    H. Upmann Magnum 46
    Saint Luis Rey Serie A
    High End Domestics:
    Opus X Perfexcion #5
    Padron 1926 #1 Maduro
    Diamond Crown Maximus #4 Toro
    Medium Priced Domestics:
    La Gloria Cubana Churchill Maduro
    La Finca Joyas
    Onyx Reserve Belicoso #2
    CAO Mx2 Toro
    Arturo Fuente 858 Flor Fina Maduro
    El Rey del Mundo Robusta Larga
    Astral TVS Churchill
    Oliva Master Blend Torpedo
    Oliva "O" Maduro Oasis
    Carlos Torano Cameroon 1916 Robusto
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Gold Toro

Post here if you're interested. I'd like to keep this to no more than ten people. Generally the rules are Havana for Havana, High End for a High End and Medium for Medium. Also please indicate if you think I should start with fewer Havanas and more Medium domestics
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-16-2005 at 01:16 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

me

question: is there a rule that allows a greater value of one or two premium domestics for an ISOM? just curious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    me

question: is there a rule that allows a greater value of one or two premium domestics for an ISOM? just curious
    Ah sorry, I revised the original post BUT in a case like that, you'd need to post your proposal and if there are no objections from the participants, it would probably be okay. Most of those Havanas I started with really are NOT that expensive so IMO an equally priced domestic is a fair exchange. When I get the final order set, I'll post an approximate value for each. For instance, those Quintero Brevas are less than $2.00, the RASCC, the Punch PC and the SC El Principe go for $5.00 each and the Sig IV is the most expensive at $11.00
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I'm in, if you'll have me CC

5. Default

I'll do it. Gotta get that La Finca.

I'm in if NooB's are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Since Cocky took his ball and went home to CockyTalk it looks like he won't be doing his pass here. Any of you guys want to get in on a pass that starts with these cigars?

Havanas:
    Punch PC del Punch
    San Cristobal El Principe
    Quintero Brevas
    Ramon Allones Small Club Corona
    Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robustos
    Cohiba Siglo IV
    H. Upmann Magnum 46
    Saint Luis Rey Serie A
    High End Domestics:
    Opus X Perfexcion #5
    Padron 1926 #1 Maduro
    Diamond Crown Maximus #4 Toro
    Medium Priced Domestics:
    La Gloria Cubana Churchill Maduro
    La Finca Joyas
    Onyx Reserve Belicoso #2
    CAO Mx2 Toro
    Arturo Fuente 858 Flor Fina Maduro
    El Rey del Mundo Robusta Larga
    Astral TVS Churchill
    Oliva Master Blend Torpedo
    Oliva "O" Maduro Oasis
    Carlos Torano Cameroon 1916 Robusto
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Gold Toro

Post here if you're interested. I'd like to keep this to no more than ten people. Generally the rules are Havana for Havana, High End for a High End and Medium for Medium. Also please indicate if you think I should start with fewer Havanas and more Medium domestics

Yeah this would be great. I will PM you my address

Wife poo got the pass out yesterday - it's on it's way to Marc. Should be there maybe Tuesday - Wednesday at the latest???

9. Default

Interesting.

Sorry you guys didn't hear from me, I was on my 1st part of my 4 weeks of out-of-town insanity.

Im going out of town for the wedding wed morning. So I basically need to get it tuesday so I can make my plays and mail it wed.

If it's not here tuesday, I can have a friend pick it up and basically reship it to the next addy, or I can have Swifty from CP take my place.

Let me know, hopefully my wedding doesn't mess up this pass. But you guys have my word it won't sit on my doorstep!

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    Interesting.

Sorry you guys didn't hear from me, I was on my 1st part of my 4 weeks of out-of-town insanity.

Im going out of town for the wedding wed morning. So I basically need to get it tuesday so I can make my plays and mail it wed.

If it's not here tuesday, I can have a friend pick it up and basically reship it to the next addy, or I can have Swifty from CP take my place.

Let me know, hopefully my wedding doesn't mess up this pass. But you guys have my word it won't sit on my doorstep!

Marc - sorry - I read your schedule and figured I could "sneak" it in between other things. I hope I didn't mess you up... I mailed it Sat. morning priority mail, so I believe it will hit you by Tues. at the latest...

Blog Entries

Wow. this sounds like so much fun. I would love to get in on the next one. Although after reading all the Cigars you all are passing/give, I feel like a Newbie to cigars and I've been smoking for 4 years ROFL. I reconized 5 names so I don't know if I could do a good pass/give...

I need to get out a smoke more!!!

Lopaka
    Last edited by Lopaka; 07-18-2005 at 01:29 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Wifey poo got the pass out yesterday - it's on it's way to Marc. Should be there maybe Tuesday - Wednesday at the latest???
    If she got it in the mail on Saturday, it should be to Marc by Monday. Definitely no later than Tuesday so I think we'll be all set with this.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

13. Default

Man, I came home today from lunch to find probably the best wedding present ever, a box of 28 random baddass looking cigars!

Ps & Ts will be accessed tonight, pass sent tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by hortsch
    Man, I came home today from lunch to find probably the best wedding present ever, a box of 28 random baddass looking cigars!

Ps & Ts will be accessed tonight, pass sent tomorrow!
    Doi'n the dance here as I already see some with my name on them.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

coming at ya, hex

0305 0830 0002 3583 9890

Blog Entries

Damn, I guess I missed the post where It was heading my way. The runner comes up with a box for me and I was like, WTF did I order this time. Package was in very good shape and at first glance everything seemed in order.

I'm leaving in the AM for the RTDA so I wont have time to get to this till probably Tuesday. But on the bright side I'll hopefully have some good play's when I get back.

That M.C. #2 is simply calling my name.. You guys think an C. Espendido is a fair trade?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848
    Damn, I guess I missed the post where It was heading my way. The runner comes up with a box for me and I was like, WTF did I order this time. Package was in very good shape and at first glance everything seemed in order.

I'm leaving in the AM for the RTDA so I wont have time to get to this till probably Tuesday. But on the bright side I'll hopefully have some good play's when I get back.

That M.C. #2 is simply calling my name.. You guys think an C. Espendido is a fair trade?
    Yeah, it's a fair trade for the PASS but not for you (the Monte #2 is $9.00 cigar a while the Cohiba Esplendido is a $20.00 cigar) therefore I will not discourage it at all even though I think yer nuts

Next Tuesday or Wednesday is fine
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Ok, Finally getting to the point where I have time to work on the pass. Im a little concerned about the Esplendido. Teh band just doesnt look right (especially when compairing it to the other C's in the pass).

Will anyone be offended by a Tribute 2004 Torpedo (~$11) for the M #2 (~9 per CC)?

Let me go through the pass some and I'll have it ready by tommorrow.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Do these sound ok?

My Takes:

#24 Montecristo #2 (ISOM)
    #32 Arturo Fuente Hemingway
    #35 Diablo Picante
    #41 Indian Tabaco Mini Torpedo
    #49 Camacho Diploma Maduro

My Puts:

#53 Credo Robusto
    #54 Carlos Torano Virtuoso Robusto
    #55 Belmore Cameroon Selection Torpedo
    #56 Montecristo White #2 Torpedo
    #57 Carlos Torano Tribute 2004 Torpedo
    #58 Carlos Torano Casa Torano Toro

Host Bag:

2 X Torano Exodus 1959 Toro's (CC's favorites)

I'll send this out as soon as I get an ok from you guys and I confirm that Puff is ready for the pass.

Thread Information