Thread: What do you read?

Default What do you read?

Hi

I like to read a lot. Mostly science fiction. I enjoy a book together with a cigar, at least 2 oe 3 times a week.

Now reading His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman (must read i believe, if you don't care reading something that seems for kids).

I would like to know what fellows here read, and to be recommended some readins if anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by ppovar View Post
    I would like to know what fellows here read,
    If you wanted to know what Fellows reads, you could have just PMed me...

I'm currently reading Stephen King's "The Stand". Great book.

I'm a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan, but at the moment I'm reading Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker.

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    If you wanted to know what Fellows reads, you could have just PMed me...

I'm currently reading Stephen King's "The Stand". Great book.
    Will look for it, thanks

It is something like 15 years i don't read S.King. I'll get "The Stand" to see how it is. First read was Pet Sematary when i was around 13

I also read a novel he wrote for his daughter, there was a tower from where the girl escaped taking few strings any time her bed clothes were changed, and then did a cord to escape. Do you know what book it is?

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    I'm a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan, but at the moment I'm reading Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker.
    Could you point me to an online store where i can get that one? Didn't find with my local store, and cannot find that title at all.

Will look for it, thanks

It is something like 15 years i don't read S.King. I'll get "The Stand" to see how it is. First read was Pet Sematary when i was around 13

I also read a novel he wrote for his daughter, there was a tower from where the girl escaped taking few strings any time her bed clothes were changed, and then did a cord to escape. Do you know what book it is?
    The Eyes of the Dragon. I remember enjoying that book in my early teens.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Read that, it was interesting.

I have been reading a lot of Warhammer 40k as well as Darren Shan's demonata series which is amazing and its a teen book. Not usually something I gravitate towards. These are just to tide me over until Tad Williams comes out with his new book.

If you like Steven King, try the dark tower series.
    Dean Koontz is a lot like King, but not as dry. He has a lot of good books out.
    3/4 of the Earth's surface is water and 1/4 is land. Clearly god wants me to fish, not mow the lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by derivation View Post
    The Eyes of the Dragon. I remember enjoying that book in my early teens.
    I enjoyed that one also when i was teen, and i believe my kids will like it for the before-bed-reading.

Im now passing onto "A new reign" by Licia Troisi. It is from the "The wars of the emerged worlds" series.

I know there is an English version of these books, but was unable to find them.

If you like fiction/fantasy and get your hands on a Licia Troisi book, read it!

Anything by G.K. Chesterton, his fiction (the man who was thursday, fr. Brown series, etc. ) or non-fiction (the everlasting man, heretics, what's wrong with the world). If you like sci-fi check out c.s. Lewis' space trilogy.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I've been on a Christopher Moore kick lately, I finished Bloodsucking Fiends and am working on A Dirty Job. He's just got a fairly easy to read style and after finishing The Stand not long ago I was looking for something a little lighter.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Used to read a lot of Robert Jordan. Currently reading the Traveler books by John Twelve Hawks., pretty decent sci-fi action read. Lot's of conspiracy stuff in there. Big brother is watching kinda stuff.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

I just started a re-read of S. Kings' Desperation.

I'm a big SF reader, also a taste for Graham Green and HST. At the moment I am re-reading the Nights Dawn trilogy by Peter F Hamilton but my alltime favourite author is J.G.Ballard. Also enjoy Kurt von Gutt and consider Breakfast of champions to be a classic.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Could you point me to an online store where i can get that one? Didn't find with my local store, and cannot find that title at all.
    I don't know where you would be able to order it in Italy. I use Amazon.com most of the time but don't know if they have an italian version of that site or anything comparable.

link to Mister B. Gone on Amazon

If you like horror books you should also look into I Am Legend by Richard Matheson link. It's the story the movie with Will SMith starred in. The first half of the book is I Am Legend and the second half is various short stories.

just finished" the last temptation of christ " thinking about "villa incognito" next

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Blog Entries

Jaguar service manuals.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

The Eyes of the Dragon...I read that back in early 90's! I like history books myself. Currently reading "The Genius" by David Harris about Bill Walsh and the 80's 49ers.

Lopaka

Thread Information