Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah enthusiasts HERF

Post Utah enthusiasts HERF

I'm going to be hosting a HERF before the end of the year in SL,UT. If you live in the area and would like to come, please let me know. The cigars will be provided and I do have a 100 Ct humidor I will be giving away, as well some cutters and punches..
    PM or email me at wm2slc@yahoo.com
    Last edited by wm2slc; 12-14-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: adding text

Nice first post. We don't even know who you are. So how about an introduction? Tell us more about the Utah Enthusiasts? Never heard of em'. My guess as of right now is that you are this guy or at least affiliated: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/search.php?searchid=774468

Do tell...........
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Default About me

I didn't get the link you provided to work... but I smoke cigars, I like single malt scotch and good beer...

While I was at The Big Smoke in Vegas the first of November, I was invited to a VIP party by a distributor and asked if I would be interested in hosting HERFs for them. I'm not getting paid, he provides the cigars, I just get a place and give the cigars out for guys to try... I have a group that I smoke with, I was just trying to spread the wealth. He is providing 2 boxes for us and if there are any left over after, we will divide the remaining. I don't know what he will be providing, but the others that do this have told me they are top quality sticks. At the HERF in Vegas there were Romeo y Julietas, Montecristo whites and Jose Seijais. In fact Jose was at the HERF. I'm sure he broke out the best for his HERF, but one guy I know said he just got a box of Trinidad 100th Anniversary for his HERF in another city.

I will be holding this at a club and the only thing attendees will only be responsible for their own beverages.

Utah Enthusiasts isn't a formal group, I was just addressing cigar enthusiasts in Utah.

Bill

Blog Entries

I can't get the link to work either. Have you ever joined this site before, under another user name? Which distributor are you hosting for?

Did you hit the tables while you were in Vegas? Sounds like your luck was in. I never seem to run into the guys giving free cigars and accessories away and asking me to host events. Guess it would help if I was a VIP.

Quote Originally Posted by wm2slc View Post
    I didn't get the link you provided to work... but I smoke cigars, I like single malt scotch and good beer...

While I was at The Big Smoke in Vegas the first of November, I was invited to a VIP party by a distributor and asked if I would be interested in hosting HERFs for them. I'm not getting paid, he provides the cigars, I just get a place and give the cigars out for guys to try... I have a group that I smoke with, I was just trying to spread the wealth. He is providing 2 boxes for us and if there are any left over after, we will divide the remaining. I don't know what he will be providing, but the others that do this have told me they are top quality sticks. At the HERF in Vegas there were Romeo y Julietas, Montecristo whites and Jose Seijais. In fact Jose was at the HERF. I'm sure he broke out the best for his HERF, but one guy I know said he just got a box of Trinidad 100th Anniversary for his HERF in another city.

I will be holding this at a club and the only thing attendees will only be responsible for their own beverages.

Utah Enthusiasts isn't a formal group, I was just addressing cigar enthusiasts in Utah.

Bill

I may have, but I've always used the same email and id... I don't know. I did not gamble, I met a friend there and he was responsible for getting me invited to the VIP HERF. The stuff I'm giving away isn't from them, it's stuff I've gotten as gifts I don't use, so I thought I would pass them on.
    If you ever get to Vegas, make sure you go to Casa Fuente. It's in The Shoppes at The Forum and they have great cigars, good Mojitos(my first) and incredibly beautiful ladies serving them in linen dresses. Awesome place, better than losing at the tables, probably better than winning..LOL
    Bill
    Last edited by wm2slc; 12-14-2008 at 10:19 PM. Reason: just an edit

Blog Entries

Duplicate accounts are not allowed, in fact its a bannable offense. Not a whole lot of rules here, but that is one of them.

Default Sorry

I do not know for sure if I've ever had an account on here or not... if the moderator, you and Saltraider feel I should be banned... do it.
    Not trying to pull anything...
    Bill
    PS Maybe Saltraider could let me know what the previous ID was...
    PSS Sorry, slcraider
    Last edited by wm2slc; 12-14-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Add PSs

I do not know for sure if I've ever had an account on here or not... if the moderator, you and Saltraider feel I should be banned... do it.
    Not trying to pull anything...
    Bill
    PS Maybe Saltraider could let me know what the previous ID was...

Who is Saltraider?
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

The link was to a profile of a guy named TheStogieGuy. I don't know why it is not linking up. You sounded kind of like this character. Sorry to come off so skeptical. That was just a very bizarre first post. Anyhoo, be sure to let us know when and where this herf will take place....
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

i guess we are uninvited James, on a good note bands went out today

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Sounds just like the situation we had here at an event in Chicago. Met a rep that was willing to "donate" smokes to herfs - looking to put their ad dollars into sending out their product directly to those that would enjoy them, rather than doing full page spreads in magazines. I'm not fully sure, but I don't think it's a shakedown.

I wish I was in SLC this time of year - I love the place! Too bad...

Post up details - I know some people that might be interested. And please let us know how the Herf goes!

Yeah, I think that is what they do.. I had a friend that hosted one last weekend and it went well. He had 6 attending and he got a box of Trinidad 100th Anniversary Toros. The distributor said I will get them next week, so I'm hoping to have it next Monday or Tuesday. I just don't want to plan it before I get the cigars. I'm hoping to have one each month, he said he would provide cigars once a month. It's going to be tough after the first of the year as all bars and restaurants will be non smoking after the first of the year. Looking at some suites at some hotels that will allow smoking.
    Will let you all know how it goes and will post some pictures if that is ok...
    Thanks
    Bill

Yeah, I think that is what they do.. I had a friend that hosted one last weekend and it went well. He had 6 attending and he got a box of Trinidad 100th Anniversary Toros. The distributor said I will get them next week, so I'm hoping to have it next Monday or Tuesday. I just don't want to plan it before I get the cigars. I'm hoping to have one each month, he said he would provide cigars once a month. It's going to be tough after the first of the year as all bars and restaurants will be non smoking after the first of the year. Looking at some suites at some hotels that will allow smoking.
    Will let you all know how it goes and will post some pictures if that is ok...
    Thanks
    Bill
    I was under the impression it was already tough to find a place to smoke in SLC. Last time I was there I was told, "don't bother"...

BTW - if you happen to have an in at the Wasatch Brewery, I could use a coupla cases of Poligamy Porter, St. Provo Girl and First Amendment lager...

It has been tough to find a place to smoke, but it's going to be impossible in a couple of weeks. But there are going to be some good cigar parties until then. Those in these parts should know that Piper Down is having one I think tomorrow night 12/19...
    Dream On will be having one on the 31st... cigars provided by Hungry Trout Cigars...
    and then my Herf will be at Hog Wallow... hoping for the 28th or 29th.. I'm sure there will be many more as well...

There a great sense of humor in Utah!!!

Polygamy Porter ad

Provo Girl Ad

Ahhh. Ingrid... she was the St Provo Girl... she was a friend of a friend and really a doll. Decided to to it one year and then go to college back east. The ads were so popular, Wasatch had to have her, they said name your price, she did they met it. She could not believe they did. She wouldn't tell what she made, but she did say it was over 10 times her first year..
    "Friends may come and friends may go, and friends may peter out you know... but we'll be friends through thick and thin.. peter out or peter in."

Ahhh. Ingrid... she was the St Provo Girl... she was a friend of a friend and really a doll. Decided to to it one year and then go to college back east. The ads were so popular, Wasatch had to have her, they said name your price, she did they met it. She could not believe they did. She wouldn't tell what she made, but she did say it was over 10 times her first year..
    I just remember being totally ignorant and bummed I was going to be in Utah, with little chance of getting a good drink or having a nice cigar - until I was greeted by a huge billboard of Ingrid right outside the airport that said, "Nice Cans!". I felt much better...

I brought back a "Nice Cans!" t-shirts for my son - it's one of his favorites!

I got the cigars today... Trinidad Churchills...
    I will let you know what day, but we are looking at Monday the 29th or Tuesday the 30th, depending on when the HERFETTES can make it. Again, the cigars and everything is free... you will only be accountable for the beverages you drink. I do hope the HERFETTES get a tip or two... they are cuties...
    Remember I have a 100 Ct Humidor I will give away and also a couple of cutters and some other stuff...
    PM me if you are interested and I will let you know where we will be at, as well as the final time and date.
    Thanks
    Bill
    "Friends may come and friends may go, and friends may peter out you know... but we'll be friends through thick and thin.. peter out or peter in."

Hello,
    I got the cigars and I'm going to have a HERF on Monday from 6 to 8 at Hog Wallow. http://www.thehogwallow.com/

If you want to come or know anyone that would, please let me know. Again, I'm giving away the cigars and also I have a 100 Ct Humidor as well as some cutters, punches and some golf ball marks from different cigar companys.

Again, let me know and anyone and everyone is welcome. Still trying to arrange for a couple of ladies to help with the party, but nothing set as yet.

Thanks
    Bill
    My email is: wm2slc@yahoo.com

Hey Bill - I posted a little something on another cigar board where I know a few SLC area brothers are. Hopefully, you get a couple from there.

Good luck! Wish I could join you!

Thread Information