Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your New Year's Eve smoke.

Default Your New Year's Eve smoke.

What will it be? Since i'm pretty new to this all, I have no idea what i'd like to smoke. But maybe seeing what some of you might like, will give me some ideas.

I'm going to smoke my first Casa Fuente (super belicoso) while in Vegas

Who knows, I might come back with a box of em.

Same now for the past few New Years - Davidoff Dom Perigon. Always look forward to this!

Depends on when and where you like to smoke. I like to sit on my porch and smoke with friends. Last year this equated to four of us huddled together in temperatures of about 20 or so degrees smoking cigars we couldn't hold b/c our hands were numb in ten minutes. Needless to say, i think i'll forgo smoking on new years this year unless we find an indoor place open late.
    Mark 8:36

Blog Entries

I'll probably be going with something not too expensive, I tend to partake heavily of the spirits on New Years Eve... No sense burning up something that I probably won't remember anyway

I may find time earlier in the evening for a power ranger or that La Aurora 100 Anos I've been saving
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

If I will be smoking, I'm gonna make it an Opus X or AF Anejo (both aged at least 1-2 years).

We'll see though.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    I'm going to smoke my first Casa Fuente (super belicoso) while in Vegas

Who knows, I might come back with a box of em.
    Also try the Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Shark... awesome smoke..
    Damn I'm jealous, that was a great place to have a smoke, Mojito(my first) and the servers in their linen dresses... plan a couple of trips to the shop... you will definitely want to go back...

I still have no idea what I will smoke, but I'm kinda thinking I might head over to the Lake Travis here in Austin since I only live ~3 miles from it.. Get there around sunset and watch what I hope will be a very nice last sunset of the year with a good smoke.

Already decided.. ..I think.

God of Fire here.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

VR Clasicos '01

Rocky Patel Edge Lite

Padron 1926 Serie Belicoso

There is a cigar party at a local club and a shop is providing cigars, but the Padron will be the one I will be smoking at midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by wm2slc View Post
    Also try the Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Shark... awesome smoke..
    Damn I'm jealous, that was a great place to have a smoke, Mojito(my first) and the servers in their linen dresses... plan a couple of trips to the shop... you will definitely want to go back...
    Sweet, thanks for the recommendation. I have been looking forward to Casa Fuente for quite some time now. I will definitely pick up some of those Anejo Sharks.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

BTW, is this the only cigar referred to as the/a shark?

Blog Entries

I will be spending the night with the girl, her friends, then my friends. since I only have 2 other smoking buddies, and noplace inside to smoke, I doubt I will be smoking anything that night. Though If i were to smoke something, it would probably be one of the CAO Americas or the Sol Cubano Artisan Solamon in my humi.

The Af Anejo No. 77 is referred to as "the shark" because of its unique shape. It has a tapered head, a round body and box pressed foot that progressively gets thicker from head to foot(50-64). Not really a shark shape but marketing is marketing...I've never seen or heard of any other cigar with this shape. It is the only one referred to as "the shark" to my understanding.

link

As for my New Year's smoke...whatever I grab. I've learned not to over analyze which cigar to light up over the past few months. I think I'm going to house party so I'll probably just bring a box of Perdomo lot 23's to hand out to my friends that may want one.

If you can get your hands on any Anejo I'd say go for that. I have yet to try any of that line but they are on the top of my wish list.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    The Af Anejo No. 77 is referred to as "the shark" because of its unique shape. It has a tapered head, a round body and box pressed foot that progressively gets thicker from head to foot(50-64). Not really a shark shape but marketing is marketing...I've never seen or heard of any other cigar with this shape. It is the only one referred to as "the shark" to my understanding.

link

As for my New Year's smoke...whatever I grab. I've learned not to over analyze which cigar to light up over the past few months. I think I'm going to house party so I'll probably just bring a box of Perdomo lot 23's to hand out to my friends that may want one.

If you can get your hands on any Anejo I'd say go for that. I have yet to try any of that line but they are on the top of my wish list.
    Sweet, thanks for the info

Now that I've thought about it... I just realized I got one of these from mrtr33 when we met up at the local B&M yesterday I also got another AF Anejo from a noob trade. Thanks guys I'm definitely going to have one of these before I make it out to Sin City.

If Casa Fuente has the Shark in stock it's something like 10 bucks cheaper then most retailers selling them for around $30. At least, that's what I've read.

Yea, I found that too... I have found with some research though that some people have picked this up at local B&Ms for as low as $9 a stick. Sorta makes me hesitant of picking up more from Casa Fuente since they are known for charging more than MSRP on all their sticks except the actual Casa Fuente stick.

The Sharks were about $20, the Mojitos were $12.50. Carlos Jr and Sr were there one time, We had already smoked our Sharks and had lit up a Sancho Panza Double Maduro. Sr had the Casa Fuentes sent over to us and actually invited us over to talk for a bit. Sr was very nice, Jr a bit pissy..
    Love the place, will be going back just after the first of the year...

Cohiba. Spell that with a capital "C".

Thread Information