Thread: zaya rum

Default zaya rum

Santa hooked me up with a bottle of this stuff. Best sipping rum I've had in a long time. The vanilla note and sweetness make this stuff go down way to easy.

Everything except my liver thanks you Santa!

Thank you... I had some at the BS in Vegas and could not remember the name(I spent a lot of time at the Jack Daniels Single Barrel booth), just that it started with a Z. It was very smooth and I loved it as well.
    "Friends may come and friends may go, and friends may peter out you know... but we'll be friends through thick and thin.. peter out or peter in."

3. Default

Next to Ron Z...Zaya is the shiznet. HC7 comes in third. Nice score!!!

OK, there are 2 rums that start with a Z? All I remember from Vegas is it was aged above the clouds. Not really sure what that means, but there was a drop dead gorgeous young lady standing in front of a poster that said "Aged above the clouds"
    "Friends may come and friends may go, and friends may peter out you know... but we'll be friends through thick and thin.. peter out or peter in."

Blog Entries

Ron Zacapa, is the other Z rum. I find Zaya to be a little sweeter then Zacapa. I guess it's a matter of taste. They are both from Guatemala. Best sipping rums you can find for sure.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

Santa hooked me up with a bottle of HC7 this year. As my first bottle of good sipping rum, I love it oh so much. I shared some of it with a friend of mine, i got up to go to the bathroom and came back as he was pouring coke into it. Needless to say, he has lost his HC7 privileges. I did taste his perversion of such a fine rum though, and it certainly was delicious.

My girlfriend's mom gave me a bottle of Woodford Reserve distillers select bourbon. I'll let you know if I ever find a better one.

Blog Entries

A couple of you guys might shoot me, but I'm drinking a Zaya & Egg Nog right now and its damn tasty.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I had some Ron Zacapa yesterday for the first time. It was delicious.

I have just started getting into rum, and by know means have had anything top of the line, but i do enjoy Lamb's neat, and Bacardi Anejo in coke. I really like the Lamb's, my Mom got me some from Canada, but as far as i know you cannot get it in the states.
    Mark 8:36

Hmmmmm, I'll be at a liquor store shortly, and it's been some time since I've had rum, I'll keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by here'sjohnny View Post
    I have just started getting into rum, and by know means have had anything top of the line, but i do enjoy Lamb's neat, and Bacardi Anejo in coke. I really like the Lamb's, my Mom got me some from Canada, but as far as i know you cannot get it in the states.
    Lamb's? Is that from New Zealand?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

AS far as i know it is from the UK and sports the Union Jack on the label.
    Mark 8:36

Blog Entries

Memories ... Lamb's Navy is what we used to drink in junior high, 'cause somebody's parents inevitably had a bottle that could be "borrowed" from. From a website:
    Lamb's Navy Rum is a blend of 18 fine Caribbean rums from Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad and aged for up to four years in oak casks
    Really dark, dark, sweet, stuff.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Based on this recommendation, I picked up a bottle for a Super Bowl party -- only 4 of us were drinking it, but it went down so smoothly we found ourselves out by half time (probably good for them as they drove). Nice recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Santa hooked me up with a bottle of this stuff. Best sipping rum I've had in a long time. The vanilla note and sweetness make this stuff go down way to easy.

Everything except my liver thanks you Santa!

Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    Hmmmmm, I'll be at a liquor store shortly, and it's been some time since I've had rum, I'll keep an eye out.
    My local liquor store does not stock either of the Z's. I did pick up a bottle of Cruzan tho, not bad.

16. Default

Wow. Came across this blast from the past. Sad that Zaya (the Guatemalan variety) was discontinued. The current Trinidad produced version is not bad, but definitely not the same.

There's a 3rd "Z" on the scene these days, "Zafra" - which is similarly classed to the other 2 "Zs". In that same league, I'd put Dimplomatico Reserva Exclusiva and Centenario XX.

Thread Information