Thread: Music while you smoke

Cool Music while you smoke

Does anybody else like to put on some tunes when they smoke? If so, what music?

I personally like to put on some heavy metal... I've been recently listening to a lot of Lamb of God, Iron Maiden and Slayer when I smoke. \m/

I'm usually on the computer, sometimes there is classical music in the back ground. But I enjoy some head banging stuff, Judas Priest, Fight, Ozzy to name a few. But I get animated with heavy metal, so I don't often listen while I smoke.

Blog Entries

All depends. Sometimes I'll have some classical playing or some metal in the background when I have the laptop out and I'm just surfing the net.

Other times, I'll just play WoW and enjoy a nice smoke and drink.

Mood sets the tone really.

Lopaka

I'm a concert collector so it's usually one show or another. Grateful Dead or Robert Randolph. It was Stevie Ray Vaughn tonight

Blog Entries

I also am a metal fan, but find it too fast and heavy for smoking most of the time. When I smoke I like to take the hour and a half to reflect on my life. Seriously though, I like to mellow out at the end of the day with a cigar and a drink, so I can usually be found listening to some Pink Floyd, Flogging Molly, Bob Dylan, or Led Zepplin. Johnny Cash finds his way in there every now and then as well.

I tend to like more classic stuff when I smoke, Jazz and Blues and stuff like that. I don't really listen to a lot of music when smoking though.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

I almost always have the XM on when smoking. Music puts me to sleep so I listen to O&A or Ron & Fez. Very enjoyable.
    3/4 of the Earth's surface is water and 1/4 is land. Clearly god wants me to fish, not mow the lawn.

Blog Entries

Jazz, man. Give me some John Coltrane or Nina Simone, and I'm fine.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

My wife usually turns her Zen on random and we listen to whatever's on.

I find I enjoy when the Doors come on, though.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Jazz, man. Give me some John Coltrane or Nina Simone, and I'm fine.
    Nice taste! Nina gets me every time.

Personally, I like to smoke Opus Power Rangers while listening to WASP's: Animal F*** Like a Beast
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Had The Killers on last night. Enjoyable.
    Tonight, maybe Zepplin

Default Gotta have music

Really like smooth jazz like Diana Krall and sipping some good Zin or Cab. In the summer it's classic rock by the pool w/a great glass of Bakers 7 on the rocks!
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who did not". Thomas Jefferson

When I first started smoking, it was outside at night and we frequently had bears roaming the neighborhood - never felt like I could blast some metal in my ears for fear of not hearing a bear approach, so I've taken to listening to talk radio
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Blog Entries

I had to revive an older thread to agree with the Jazz tunes. Miles Davis and John Coltrane on vinyl... not much better in my opinion.

Last Sunday I listened to Porgy and Bess and Kind of Blue.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

15. Default

A thread worthy of reviving I've got a playlist on the ipod specifically for "stogie time" it's got a lot of Ben Harper and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Oh and buzz, looks like you might also enjoy a little Cake too huh?
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SirPuffsAlot View Post
    A thread worthy of reviving I've got a playlist on the ipod specifically for "stogie time" it's got a lot of Ben Harper and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Oh and buzz, looks like you might also enjoy a little Cake too huh?
    You are correct sir, I really like Cake. I played trumpet in jazz band and enjoyed alternative rock in the 90s, so when I heard Vince's trumpet solos mixed with the thought-provoking lyrics of John McCrea I became an instant fan. I don't agree with the band's politics, but I appreciate the passion John puts into his music.

One of my favorite songs by them is Rock N Roll Lifestyle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILRpRv57H0g

Great lyric from Love You Madly: "I don't want to sit across the table from you, wishing I could run. I want to love you madly."

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

17. Default

Right on dude, I've only got "Pressure Chief", but I really like their overall sound and how they incorporate so many instruments into their music.
    "Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something" - Plato

I'm new, but I've found I like smoking to Alternative rock; Disturbed, Puddle of Mudd, Godsmack, ect.
    I like anything with good guitar, from classical to classic rock, jazz to ho-down!

Blog Entries

Other times, I'll just play WoW and enjoy a nice smoke and drink.

I play WoW too...Brega or Akharina on Quel'dorei Alliance side.

As for music, Disturbed, Shinedown, Rise Against...that kinda stuff.
    "Those are like the holy grail of cigars. Indiana Jones and the search for Argenicadomipanurans"
    -Denver24

"Your telling me I need to segregate my grape flavored blunts from the sour apple ones?"
    -Mangyrat

it's almost always jazz or blues for me regardless of what I am doing. Occasionally some bluegrass or real country - basically anything that I can 'feel' - more blues than anything - I am blues nerd/musician.

Last thing I listened to was Johnny Winter Nothing But the blues a great CD with Muddy & band backing him.

Thread Information