Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1968 macanudo

1. Default 1968 macanudo

A couple months back we had macanudo at a cigar event. This was the cigar they brought with them. And I got to say, since this point it has got to be one of my fav cigars. just wondering if anyone else has tryed it out yet

2. Default

recently had one for a special event... LOVED IT... trying to talk myself into picking up a box to age a little.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SixPackSunday View Post
    recently had one for a special event... LOVED IT... trying to talk myself into picking up a box to age a little.
    I dont know what it is. When I smoke I feel like I got to spit alot... but with this no... i never felt like I had to spit and it was just so good. def worth trying out

As with every Mac I have ever tried this one left me unimpressed. Not a bad cigar but they are charging $9-$10 for it minimum. Not worth it. Most Macs are overpriced and I don't think this one is any different. While a decent smoke it is only worth around $3-$4 per cigar as there are many other cigars I would pay $10 for over it.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Why do I have the strange feeling something is up with these two???

Smoking Macanoodles???

"spitting" when he smokes a cigar?

Well the spitting thing I understand sort of however I have found that for some strange reason when I am out side smoking at night is the only time when a cigar makes me feel like I need to spit. It doesn't matter what I do as far as a beverage goes, put me outside with everything else the exact same as when I am inside and I will feel the need to spit while smoking every time but you put me inside my house or the bar or something and nothing. Weird.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    Well the spitting thing I understand sort of however I have found that for some strange reason when I am out side smoking at night is the only time when a cigar makes me feel like I need to spit. It doesn't matter what I do as far as a beverage goes, put me outside with everything else the exact same as when I am inside and I will feel the need to spit while smoking every time but you put me inside my house or the bar or something and nothing. Weird.
    dude same way. i mostly have to smoke outside

I've heard good things about this cigar as well. Never bothered to try though.

Price is a big factor, considering you can get an Opus X Power Ranger for a buck more or so.

I also spit now and then when I smoke outside. Either got tobacco in my mouth or to get rid of some aftertaste if I accidentally inhale the smoke. Could also be humidity or whatnot, I never have the urge when I smoke inside. Of course I guess it's also uncourtious to spit inside.

Andrew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

Smoking Macanoodles???

Yep, I get that "feeling" too. IMHO, the 1968 Mac is just like the other Mac's.......over-hyped and not worth the money. Just like Nate said, there are many other smokes more deserving of my $10 than any Mac.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yep, I get that "feeling" too. IMHO, the 1968 Mac is just like the other Mac's.......over-hyped and not worth the money. Just like Nate said, there are many other smokes more deserving of my $10 than any Mac.
    see this is what i am here for. so that way i can get me some feedback on all this. and thanks for all who replyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    indeed. This thing was far better than the rest of the Mac line , IMO, but still not worth its price point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post

Smoking Macanoodles???

The salivation is natural as one's tongue is both picking up food-like signals (sweet tobacco taste) and one's mouth linings are being irritated by the smoke.

Now the usual unconscious reaction is to swallow, or wash it down with whatever you're drinking. The consequence of those actions is that you've now just given yourself the same elevated odds of throat, esophageal, and stomach cancer as a cigarette smoker. Thus, if I'm outside, or smoking alone at home, I deliberately choose to spit, and use a spittoon.

(Washing down the smoke with alcohol has a multiplicative effect on the odds, but sometimes you just have to take those odds )

As for Mac 1968's, $10 is ridiculous, IMHO. There are many smokes that are MUCH better for less than half the price, e.g. Gran Habano Corojo #5, or the Party Short that I'm enjoying right now

Bama, Six-pack - please, do yourselves a HUGE favour and sign up for a newbie sampler. Sorry, but a "Macanudo cigar" is like "American beer" (the industrial stuff, not microbrews). Many start out smoking them, many still smoke them, but if you're going to get into cigars as a hobby, then it is time to explore other cigars .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    see this is what i am here for. so that way i can get me some feedback on all this. and thanks for all who replyed.
    Careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    The salivation is natural as one's tongue is both picking up food-like signals (sweet tobacco taste) and one's mouth linings are being irritated by the smoke.

Now the usual unconscious reaction is to swallow, or wash it down with whatever you're drinking. The consequence of those actions is that you've now just given yourself the same elevated odds of throat, esophageal, and stomach cancer as a cigarette smoker. Thus, if I'm outside, or smoking alone at home, I deliberately choose to spit, and use a spittoon.

(Washing down the smoke with alcohol has a multiplicative effect on the odds, but sometimes you just have to take those odds )
    I agree 100% and I try to always use a spitoon...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

15. Default

sid's taste buds must have made a shift to milder cigars. He used to hate Mac's.

16. Default

lol.

well first off as a huge beer advocate i love the relation you made there to macro/micro brew beers.

that said... i fancy myself as somebody who is cigar knowledgeable (not master, or any high forms of it) and i just still enjoy a good macanudo from time to time.

guess its just in my mouths range of what it likes!

i agree 10 is a little steep for some of their stuff, but i feel any line has its oveprices cigars (af, opus x has a few overpriced sizes imo, ryj, etc.)

Blog Entries

The three faces of Syd. Someone needs to get him back on his lithium.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

18. Default

I listen and read all. And I know I need to watch what I wish for but I'll take my chances. And as for signing up for the sampler I would but my fiancé lost her job and I work for a gm dealer so money is tight. I can afford mine but not enought to send money u see

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    I listen and read all. And I know I need to watch what I wish for but I'll take my chances. And as for signing up for the sampler I would but my fiancé lost her job and I work for a gm dealer so money is tight. I can afford mine but not enought to send money u see
    Really, which dealership do you work for and what do you do? I've always owned GM cars, my winter car is an '89 Buick Park Avenue. I just put antique plates on it today since it's 20 years old!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Really, which dealership do you work for and what do you do? I've always owned GM cars, my winter car is an '89 Buick Park Avenue. I just put antique plates on it today since it's 20 years old!
    Miller sutherlin. Chevy Pontiac dodge Chrysler jeep.

Thread Information