Thread: My local B&M closed again.... I'm pissed

Default My local B&M closed again.... I'm pissed

OK, I know I haven't been around that much but I need to vent. A few months ago this place opened up by me... http://www.redsnappercigars.com/ A really nice place since it is the ONLY place in town. Not a huge selection of cigars but no White Owls or Swishers either. But they are the ONLY place in town. Now, I do not agree that they should have been closed the entire week of Christmas. Not the way I would run my business. I believe they lost alot of business with people being off from work, gift certificates and merchandise purchases. But if that is the way they want to run their business... so be it.

So, I try to go there tonight at about 4pm. Was going to bring my laptop, stopped for a large cup of coffee and was going to finish up some work at the B&M. Well guess what... CLOSED AGAIN !!!

I guess my project this summer is going to be to fix up the garage.

*off my soapbox*
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear the news about your B&M. Maybe it will give you more time to hang out here with the rest of us crazy bastids.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Welcome to Cigar Smokers!

You should post an intro or something. j/k
    I think you summer project should be to open a b&m that is open 364 days a year.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Tommy!!! Sorry to hear about your B&M.

Lopaka

you know, as crazy as it sounds, things like that are now playing a part in determining where the Woman and I want to move too, but she doesn't know it yet.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

You and Jamie couldn't go in together to start his dream, Ass Haulers.

Dayum, Tommy! You must have some karma issues. Sorry bout that, man.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    You and Jamie couldn't go in together to start his dream, Ass Haulers.
    At least you understand it isn't a gay bar.

Blog Entries

Thats disappointing for sure but its nice to see that some small businesses are able to have some family time and still be able to make ends meet. Hopefully nothing wrong with the business and their getting ready to sell it or close it all together. Happy New Year!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Hey Tommy. I guess you will just have to have smoke with a few of us at the Quad State HERF.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Being closed so often in our current economy is not a good sign. I hope this is not the case. As a retailer I know first hand that the premium cigar business is not an easy! Over many years I have seen "new" stores /people come and go. Folks that though it was a good idea, easy. Or, this was their dream and unfortunatly they lost everything. Knowledge / contacts and experience in the business are everything! It is soooooo different than running any other retail venue. BUT, with all that said - their is no other place I would more rather go to work each day.

Thread Information