Got my first humidor. It is a small desktop humidor (could hold maybe 40-50 cigars). I went through the whole seasoning process. Wiped down the whole interior with distilled water. Let it sit with the foam humidifier that came with it as well as a shot glass full of distilled water. It eventually stabilized at around 68%. I took the shot glass out at this point to see if it would hold steady, but it dropped down to around 55%-58%. I figured that maybe the humidifier that came with it wasn't enough, so I replaced it with one of the gel/propeline glycol humidifiers. I saw no change with this. It just hangs out around 55-58%. I took it to my local tobacconist to see if there was something I was doing wrong. He said everything looked in order and that a lot of people have trouble keeping their humidity where they want it during winter months (I live in Pennsylvania and have been having an unusually cold winter). The humidor seals well. The hygrometer is the analog one that came with the humidor (yea, I know digital ones are better). I really want to keep the analog hygrometer as it is on the outside of the box and a digital one would take away of the aesthetics of the humidor. The humidity levels do not change if I fill the box half full with cigars. I did a salt test on the hygrometer twice now and it seems to be functioning correctly. The air in my house right now is around 35%. I do not have a furnace (I have radiant heat). I try to keep the temp in my house around 65-70 degrees. What are your thoughts on this?