Thread: Cigars stores in Mexico

1. Default Cigars stores in Mexico

Hi everyone my Borther in law is going to Mexico Mayan riviera in April and I want him to buy me some Mexican made cigars( TE-AMO) is one of them but I am wondering if anyone knows any factories or safe store to buy from so he doesn't buy Fakes?

Blog Entries

Try some Santa Clara 1830's.....they are a decent Mexican smoke. Personally, I don't care much for Te-Amo. Can't give you any info on where to get them....sorry.

Where the hell is MadMan when you need him? Maybe Matthew will see this and give you some info.

3. Default

Thanks I'm new to Cigar smoking I didn't know about the Santa Clara 1830's I'll mention them to my brother in law well he is not going till mid april I'm sure someone on here will know where to buy good smoke in the Mayan rtiviera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockylaroc View Post
    Hi everyone my Borther in law is going to Mexico Mayan riviera in April and I want him to buy me some Mexican made cigars( TE-AMO) is one of them but I am wondering if anyone knows any factories or safe store to buy from so he doesn't buy Fakes?

I haven't been down to Cancun/Mayan Riviera since 2005, but there are a few nice cigar shops in the upscale malls in Cancun, but after venturing out of the tourist zone and heading south, the only other place that I'm aware is in Play del Carmen called La Casa de Habano (which is part of a chain, I believe). They had a decent selection and a nice little smoking lounge/bar upstairs. Unless things have changed dramatically, there won't be many (reputable) choices down that way.
    Last edited by EGQ; 01-26-2009 at 04:51 PM.

5. Default

Im going down to the Myan Riveria in april. My plan is that as soon as i get off the plane in Cancun I will ask the cab driver to recomend a few places we can check out on the way to the hotel. If im not satisfied I will ask around the hotel staff and see that they say. Im sure someone will know of a non-tourist priced place.

6. Default

Ture the key is to find a non tourist place it will increase the chance of not get fakes. So you might end up on the same resort as my brother in law he is going 28 March to 4 April

Blog Entries

If you are going to Cancun I would recommend stopping by the Habano S.A. store. It is located near a mall featuring "the chocolate factory" restaurant. Also there are 2 decent little cigar shops within that mall its self.

8. Default

Im going April 12-18. I am going to try the Habanos S.A. store. Im also going to try and find a non tourist spot. I will report back what I find.

Thread Information