Thread: My Little Book

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This got me looking and I found a site that makes custom journals. Would anyone else be interested in getting some journals made up? What would you look for in the book?

Things to consider:
    Size, number of pages, color of pages (white or cream), straight or jagged edges, color of binding, text on cover.

I'm thinking:
    Size: 6"x4"
    Pages: 50 sheets (100 pages) cream colored
    Cover / Binding: Black on Black
    Edges: I like "deckled" edges, but not a necessity. Deckled is the torn edge look on the page.
    Text: "Cigar Journal" in gold ink. Could also do "Cigar Smokers Journal".

Also need to determine page content. (1 or 2 smokes per page?)

I'm interested in opinions. They will do individual books, but obviously better deal in bulk.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Is there a price range or quote on it? I'd probably say as far as page content you would want to include: Name, Vitola/Size, Flavor (Mild, Medium, Strong), Smoke (plenty/not enough), Price, Year (of production/aging) and comments. Those would be the ones I would want. I would also probably say 2 cigars per page and of course a nice spot for the band to be pasted.

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    This got me looking and I found a site that makes custom journals. Would anyone else be interested in getting some journals made up? What would you look for in the book?

Things to consider:
    Size, number of pages, color of pages (white or cream), straight or jagged edges, color of binding, text on cover.

I'm thinking:
    Size: 6"x4"
    Pages: 50 sheets (100 pages) cream colored
    Cover / Binding: Black on Black
    Edges: I like "deckled" edges, but not a necessity. Deckled is the torn edge look on the page.
    Text: "Cigar Journal" in gold ink. Could also do "Cigar Smokers Journal".

Also need to determine page content. (1 or 2 smokes per page?)

I'm interested in opinions. They will do individual books, but obviously better deal in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. Is there a price range or quote on it? I'd probably say as far as page content you would want to include: Name, Vitola/Size, Flavor (Mild, Medium, Strong), Smoke (plenty/not enough), Price, Year (of production/aging) and comments. Those would be the ones I would want. I would also probably say 2 cigars per page and of course a nice spot for the band to be pasted.
    I will submit for a quote today and post what they have to say. I'm going to try and work up a page template and post a photo as well.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    For those that do keep a journal what information do you keep in it?

I'm curious, do you go as far as listing the filler, wrapper and binder countries, etc or just the country of origin?

I have an idea or two but I could use more details.
    Besides brand/name and tasting notes/ranking/ratings:
    -Cuban/non-Cuban
    -Maduro/natural
    -Which person or vendor the stick came from
    -What I was drinking (other than water).

For a box I'll add:
    -Length/ring
    -Factory vitolla
    -Box date
    -Purchase date
    -Last smoke date/smoke date/next smoke date
    -Cost of box/price per stick

I am, however, more into this than most. Analysis is a good part of my day job, after all
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information