Thread: Ice Storm 2009

Default Ice Storm 2009

Well it looks like we are getting hit yet again with a big ice store in the Big Blue. Looks like most of the schools in the state are closed, and it is only getting worse. The ice has knocked over trees which in turn are knocking out power... deja vu to the storm we got around 2003. Luckily as far as I could tell my house has not suffered any damage, plus I still have power! Thank goodness for underground power wires!!! If I have time I am going to try and take some pictures and post them since some of it is actually very beautiful. Bad thing is I still made it in to work, but there have been lots to call in today. Hopefully they will just go ahead and send the rest of us home.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Blog Entries

Talked to my mom today, looks like they are getting hit with the same storm as you. about an inch of ice 5 inches of snow from what she tells me. I hope they got some gas for the generator.

I, on the other hand, only got 6 inches of snow here. morning classes are canceled, thankfully.

We got a decent amount of snow and ice here as well. Looks like I'll be seeing your ice/snow storm soon.

I'm used to driving in terrible winter conditions (N. Ohio and Iowa). A snowflake falls and the world stops here in Virgina. I find it very amusing. Hopefully Funky and Cabiguan are doing ok.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Yeah, it is so bad here, Ohio State has actually shut down. nothing is open except the medical center.
    Mark 8:36

It just barely missed us. We got a little mixed sleet / rain. Enough to freak everyone out and close the schools. Turned out to be a non-event. Hope all is well around you. Post up some pics.

OK first let me say there is a reason my wife takes all the pics. anyway here are a few that i took the other day

http://ukyfan.webs.com/apps/photos/p...otoID=23949229

ok, this new site that i uploaded the pics to doesn't work as well as i thought it would...

going to try something else.

Last edited by ukyfan; 01-31-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: photos not showing up
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

Default More pics

Oh joy, I get to drive from middle Georgia to Coshocton Ohio in a few days time and that's right along the route... If I never post here again, you'll know why
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Well the good thing is that most of the major roads are pretty much clear. But the sub divisions and lesser used roads are still pretty bad. They are saying it will be about 2 weeks before they have everyone's power back on.

Blog Entries

Wow ice storms this year has really been the over all theme of the winter storms. An ice storm's after math can be so pretty in so many ways but so deadly and hurtful in others. Brings to mind the song beauty and the beast by Stevie nicks.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information