Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hey everyone,

I have been enjoying cigars for the last four years. I have realized I enjoy them the most in the company of friends. So, I have come here in search of fellow BOTLs.

I recently moved to the Northern VA / DC Metro area from Cedar Rapids, IA.

When I'm not enjoying a smoke you will probably find me brewing beer, doing something outdoors, or playing a board game.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Welcome to the boards!

What kind of cigars do you smoke?

Welcome to the boards!

I am an avid home brewer myself, have you started brewing beer to pair with cigars?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Welcome from NY.

Blog Entries

Welcome from Kansas.

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Welcome from the tip of MS.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

What kind of cigars do you smoke?
    I tend to be all over the place with what I like to smoke. Some favorite brands are montecristo, CAO, and cohiba. I tend to stay in the middle of the road and do not prefer very bland or very spicy smokes, however I will give anything the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvInSTL View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

I am an avid home brewer myself, have you started brewing beer to pair with cigars?
    Not yet, I have my first batch brewing after a year and a half break. Its a Scottish 60 shilling and should be coming out of the primary beginning of next week. Have you had any luck with your pairings? A coffee stout or porter comes to mind.

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Welcome from Central Texas.

Welcome from another Northern VA cigar smoker!!!!!!!

You find a nice local B&M in your area yet?

There are a bunch of us in the DC/Metro area!

There's actually a Herf being set-up in Alexandria sometime in January.

Will pass along the information once it's definte.

Andrew

Thanks!

The Old Virginia Tobacco Co. in Manassas mall is right down the street from me. I've heard good things about the B&M in Fairfax mall, however thats a bit further. Any recommendations? I'm not against a road trip, especially for a good smoke.

The herf in Jan. sounds great. I have yet to go to a herf, so it should be a good experience.

Welcome from another fellow home brewer.

There was a street in Memphis called 'Manasses'. I always laughed while driving through it. I think WOXOF hung out there a lot for some reason though. He always wanted to meet there.

Haven't been to the OVTC in Manassas, but a friend of mine that lives there doesn't like the people that work there.

The one in Fairfax you are talking about is probably John B. Hayes Tobacconist. That's a really good shop. Knowledgeable people and prices are reasonable.

Other than that, really not much cigar shops here worth mentioning here.

Cabaiguan_Juan works at an amazing shop in Bathesda, MD. A bit of a trek, but worth checking out if you are in the neighborhood. It's called Bethesda Tobacco.

Herf will be sometime January. Weekend of 17th or 24th. Not finalized yet.

There's enough of us in the Metro area, we can always get a small group together to smoke. Just need to decide where.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    Thanks!

The Old Virginia Tobacco Co. in Manassas mall is right down the street from me. I've heard good things about the B&M in Fairfax mall, however thats a bit further. Any recommendations? I'm not against a road trip, especially for a good smoke.

The herf in Jan. sounds great. I have yet to go to a herf, so it should be a good experience.

Welcome from south Louisiana.

Rich

The OVTC is ok depending on who is working. It felt like a used car lot the first time I was in there. This last time I stopped by I wasn't hassled and free to take my time. I have a close friend / BOTL that lives in Reisterstown, MD and the B&M by him had quite a nice selection. I may be stopping there when I visit.

I am free both of those weekends for the Herf. Once the weather gets warmer I have a small fenced yard and grill that needs to be taken advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    Haven't been to the OVTC in Manassas, but a friend of mine that lives there doesn't like the people that work there.

The one in Fairfax you are talking about is probably John B. Hayes Tobacconist. That's a really good shop. Knowledgeable people and prices are reasonable.

Other than that, really not much cigar shops here worth mentioning here.

Cabaiguan_Juan works at an amazing shop in Bathesda, MD. A bit of a trek, but worth checking out if you are in the neighborhood. It's called Bethesda Tobacco.

Herf will be sometime January. Weekend of 17th or 24th. Not finalized yet.

There's enough of us in the Metro area, we can always get a small group together to smoke. Just need to decide where.

Andrew

Welcome from Utah!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board....from CT.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

Welcome from TX, the greatest country in America!

Thread Information