Thread: Xikar Disassembly / Reassembly

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Xikar Disassembly / Reassembly

For all you tools...er tool inclined people, upon request, I've re-enacted my Xikar "surgery"

1st: Pour yourself a beer (or beverage of your choice)

2nd: Take the double screw apart at the bottom

3rd: Take the trigger button off (WARNING: Watch for that little spring, it may fly somewhere)

4th: Its apart (do what you want at this point, be it cleaning, or posting a picture of the parts and subsequently receive comment to show a re-assembly pictorial)

5th: This is the trick, put the double screw back in (this is the third hand you need)

6th: put the piece of spring steel back in making it "lock" into the groves cut to accept it. I'm trying to point to one of the grooves with a screwdriver.

7th: Close the Xikar while keeping the spring steel in place. This is where it gets a bit precarious. This allows for easy (haha) placement of the trigger casting with regular spring.

8th: while holding all this shit together with one hand, slip the cover back over. Make sure you have the correct side up (you'll see what I mean if you're a dumbass like me)

9th: Take your 3rd hand (double screw) out, and slip cover over, and put back in

10th: Screw trigger button back on.

11th: Take a good hefty swig of you beverage of choice. You're Done!

Will
    Last edited by badwhale; 09-20-2009 at 07:36 PM. Reason: 9/20/09 Photbucket shuffle & resize of pics
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information