Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass II

Blog Entries

Glad you enjoyed the smoke. It was a Santa Clara 1830....100% Mexican.

Filler
    San Andres tobacco blend
    Binder
    Morron limpio from San Andres
    Wrapper
    Fine Rosado wrapper from the San Andres Valley

Madman would be proud of me.

Hah, very nice. My first Mexican cigar, actually.

Blog Entries

Sig tag has been sent.

I'll be sending out a PM confirming Eville's address for you, JFellows, although I think it's fairly obvious in his profile. I've sent him a PM. I'll let you know if I hear differently.

Thanks again to everyone for playing! This has been fun. Too bad there are only two more contestants.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Too bad there are only two more contestants.
    Nice try but there are 3, we're not letting you out of it that easily.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Package going out tomorrow or Wednesday...good luck Eville!

God damnit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Package going out tomorrow or Wednesday...good luck Eville!

God damnit.
    LMAO..... nice.

Blog Entries

Mr. Hankey RULES!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

On its way...

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    Nice try but there are 3, we're not letting you out of it that easily.
    Make it 4. I missed the Spring Draft and I just gotta get in on something! Plus, who wouldn't want the chance to get a disgusting/perverse/hilarious sigtag

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Make it 4. I missed the Spring Draft and I just gotta get in on something! Plus, who wouldn't want the chance to get a disgusting/perverse/hilarious sigtag
    That's cool, Artyman, if you want to play, you can. I think the pass is coming back to me first, as there are a few who are gunning to give me a sig tag. They are under some illusion that I am going to lose my own contest. Tsk, tsk.

At any rate, send me your address in a PM. I'll update the first post. If you have any questions about how this pass runs, please let me know.

Just another note, I guess this can go on for a while, but with summer coming up, it's going to be getting hot in the next couple of months, which may not be the best temps to pass a box of cigars around in. What does everyone else think?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

PM sent. I wouldn't worry too much about the heat. Won't stop me from buying smokes online!

Blog Entries

(I know I'm not participating in this pass)

I think what Mark & others would argue is that an online shipment, is from (assumed) humidity temp controlled environment, in the mail, and to your humidity temp controlled environment. One fluctuation.

The pass, assuming each person doesn't win, has the same gang of cigars getting that fluctuation during each pass.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Like Will says.. a pass spends several days in the heat, as opposed to one or two with an online purchase. It's especially bad given the speed that passes are normally turned around. If the cigars were held for a week or so at each stop, the possibility of damage would be lessened.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Gotcha...

Newbie just subscribing to this thread, Its been a good read so far and I'm glad I'm not getting a sigtag.

Maybe I'll play this someday but not when I don't even have a humidor, gotta walk before I can run

Blog Entries

Got the pot today. I will get that beautiful lancero smoked ASAP so I can permanently add the rest to my stash

Good luck

Blog Entries

The puro was a dark, oily, lancero. Construction was good, very firm throughout with a couple of little soft spots near the middle. It had a very fragrant, sweet smell pre-light and the pre-light draw produced more of the same. The draw was, more or less, perfect throughout. Upon lighting I was graced with a ton of pepper and spice. Very full flavor, I loved it. However, it mellowed out substantially after the first third. It didn't really change much after that, just consistent creamy, though largely bland smoke. It was still enjoyable, however, and combined with the only 2 Rolling Rocks I had with it I was pretty buzzed afterwards. I enjoyed this stick greatly down to the last 1/2 inch or so.

As for the country of origin, the spice and pepper leads me toward Nicaragua. I thought maybe Cuban at first, but I have never known a Cuban to mellow out so dramatically. Being that Nicaragua is where I see the majority of non Cuban puros, I will make that my guess. I believe this stick was from Nicaragua.

Blog Entries

Did it have a pigtail cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    The puro was a dark, oily, lancero. Construction was good, very firm throughout with a couple of little soft spots near the middle. It had a very fragrant, sweet smell pre-light and the pre-light draw produced more of the same. The draw was, more or less, perfect throughout. Upon lighting I was graced with a ton of pepper and spice. Very full flavor, I loved it. However, it mellowed out substantially after the first third. It didn't really change much after that, just consistent creamy, though largely bland smoke. It was still enjoyable, however, and combined with the only 2 Rolling Rocks I had with it I was pretty buzzed afterwards. I enjoyed this stick greatly down to the last 1/2 inch or so.

As for the country of origin, the spice and pepper leads me toward Nicaragua. I thought maybe Cuban at first, but I have never known a Cuban to mellow out so dramatically. Being that Nicaragua is where I see the majority of non Cuban puros, I will make that my guess. I believe this stick was from Nicaragua.

Blog Entries

No, just a normal round one.

Thread Information