Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass II

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Hey guys, I had to go out of town and I didn't get a chance to smoke the puro before I left. I do have it with me and I plan on smoking it tomorrow. I wasn't trying to blow anybody off, but I do have my priorities. Sorry I left everybody hanging. It wasn't my intention...
    No worries, man. Glad everything is okay with you. Like it's been said before, it wouldn't have been anything if there was a bit better communication.

Good luck with that puro!!!!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Alright, the moment you've all been waiting for...

The wrapper was on the dark side and had a strong scent but upon lighting it was more mild than I expected. Had a nice draw but a crazy bad burn. I'd say the burn was off by as much as 3" at one point. It had decent flavor but it never really changed much. Definitely different...

I'm thinking it might be Dominican, but I could also see it being that Peruvian stick you sent to WOXOF. I wouldn't think you'd send me the same smoke though. At the same time, I could see it being Mexican or something weird like that. I really don't know for sure, soooooo....I'll have to guess Dominican.

Sorry again for my little disappearing act...I was considering taking all those high dollar smokes and heading for the border

Blog Entries

Alright, the moment you've all been waiting for...

The wrapper was on the dark side and had a strong scent but upon lighting it was more mild than I expected. Had a nice draw but a crazy bad burn. I'd say the burn was off by as much as 3" at one point. It had decent flavor but it never really changed much. Definitely different...

I'm thinking it might be Dominican, but I could also see it being that Peruvian stick you sent to WOXOF. I wouldn't think you'd send me the same smoke though. At the same time, I could see it being Mexican or something weird like that. I really don't know for sure, soooooo....I'll have to guess Dominican.

Sorry again for my little disappearing act...I was considering taking all those high dollar smokes and heading for the border

eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww...............

That's going to hurt.

Unfortunately, my friend, that was a Casa Magna robusto - a Nicaraguan puro. I've had burn issues with some sticks, others smoke great for me. I'm sorry that wasn't the case this time.

Sig tag sent......

As stated in the rules, Artyman1200, please add three smokes to the pot, and randomly bomb a member that did not participate in this contest, preferably someone relatively new. Please PM me the DC# once you've done so. That way, it will be a surprise. PM me if you have any questions, or if you need an address. Thanks!

That concludes the Puro Pot Pass II contest. Thanks to EVERYONE for playing - I had a lot of fun. I hope you did too.
    Last edited by mrtr33; 06-18-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: I should read the rules to this contest......

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Thanks for hosting this pass Mark.....I enjoyed it.

Yeah, thanks Mark! I had a lot of good laughs from this pass and will look forward to playing again in PPP3
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

haven't been around a lot lately but i love my Sig lol thanks for hosting

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

I think Mark went for all out disgusting with my sig......I get sick to my stomach everytime I look at it I initially thought it was Nicaraguan based on the look and scent of the wrapper, but then my tastes deceived me. Thanks for hosting!
    Last edited by Artyman1200; 06-22-2009 at 09:44 AM.

whoops, thought I saved it...

Blog Entries

It's been about a week, and I still haven't heard from Artyman1200 regarding if he sent the smokes out yet.......

Hope everything is okay.....please send me a PM as soon as you can.

Thanks!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Christ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Christ...
    Yep. Online 6-24.

Where's this guy live?
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    Where's this guy live?
    Knoxville, TN iirc. I've got his addy in my file.

Theft by deception and theft by unauthorized taking are crimes in TN, right Sarge?

or are they called something else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Theft by deception and theft by unauthorized taking are crimes in TN, right Sarge?

or are they called something else?
    Oops, I bet the sarge knows someone in Knoxville.

http://www.whitepages.com

What's his address? I don't mind giving him a call.

I posted this in the general discussion forum -

I generally didn't read any of the above posts, because I can only guess...

I apologize for bad communication and for not replying to senior members of this board.
    I apologize for not doing things in a timely manner.

The sticks will go out tomorrow once I get a verification from Mark on the addy. This turned out not to be a good time for me to get involved in the pass. I should have exercised better discretion and planning. Yes, there is a total of 12 sticks. I know this has hurt my reputation, but it's not fair to write me off as some douchebag. I screwed up and I admit it.

Dan

Additionally, the idea of me stealing cigars is ridiculous, however, no one here knows me so I don't take offense to it. I hate thieves more than anyone, but I understand you can only assume certain things when there is no communication. However, if anyone still feels the need to get on the phone with me, just send me a PM and we can talk.

Mark, thanks for the great pass and I'm glad this got worked out.

Looking forward for the next one!

Rich

Additionally, the idea of me stealing cigars is ridiculous, . . .
    Who'd'a thought Winona was a klepto?? Not me!! I loved her!!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I would have loved her as much as she would have let me.

and as often...

Thread Information