Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass II

I love my SigTag, that thing is hilarious, frickin' 2nd level king hippo always gave me trouble.

Logan: 0103 8555 7497 2886 2819
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 04-08-2009 at 07:24 AM.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Nice tag, I loved Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

3. Default

Folks I gotta drop out of this...I've too much going on right now.

Blog Entries

No worries, Sarge. Thanks for the communication.

First thread updated.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Pass box made it to my house today safely. I will try to smoke my puro and ship out by Saturday; Monday the latest. I need the other Rich's address.

Just finished up Sean's blind puro. Sorry it took so long for me to smoke it. This was the first chance I had with work and setting up the new house.

The cigar had a tight draw and mild flavor with a little bit of spice. The burn was good for the most part. I'm going to have to guess Nicaraguan.

And.... You would be WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Punch RS 12 ISOM!!! And so the prize pack grows!

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Just finished up Sean's blind puro. Sorry it took so long for me to smoke it. This was the first chance I had with work and setting up the new house.

The cigar had a tight draw and mild flavor with a little bit of spice. The burn was good for the most part. I'm going to have to guess Nicaraguan.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

Prize pack should be pretty descent size by now, and very nice considering the BOTL's that have been contributing.

Sig tag sent.

Silencei2, I'll PM you and FactoredReality to make sure you are sending it to the correct address. I really will do it this time.

Thanks to everyone for playing.

Like to get in on this? Think you can detect the country of origin of a nudie stick? Read the first thread (asshats need not apply), then post in this thread. Questions? PM me.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

A couple of the pass players talked about this on friday in chat and I thought I would put it out there as a suggestion and see everyone else's opinions. Mark has been kind enough to run this and get it started, but unfortunately being the pass starter he didn't get a chance to play / win an awesome sig-tag. My proposal is that Mark gets to be the last player (so from the current player list he would recieve a nude puro stick from BWA to attempt to guess).

Thoughts? Suggestions?
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Yep, sounds good to me.

Blog Entries

<maniacal laughter>

Whhaaaahaaahaaa

And I get to design his sig tag!!!!!!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Ouch Dennis. Not fun when that happens in real life. Thanks for the stomach ache. Get ready Rich. Pass flies tomorrow.

Great idea!! Time to put him to the test!

Rich

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”

Blog Entries

To quote a wise jedi master,

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris
    I'd hate to win my own contest.
    but I understand the real reason why you want me to play now:

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    And I get to design his sig tag!!!!!!
    I can eat it, just as I dish it out. I think there would be a few of you that would love to get back at me. Start submitting some ideas, we'll setup a poll, and the winner of the poll gets to have their designed sig tag in my signature for 30 days. At least. I'm still proud of the last time I lost a contest, though, as you can clearly see.

Also wanted to let you guys know there is a photo gallery of all sig tags up. I do admit, I've had a lot of fun doing those.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    To quote a chicken,
    Quote Originally Posted by chefchris
    I'd hate to win my own contest.
    Fixed it for ya.

DC# 0308 0070 0000 1696 0266. Heads up Rich.

Sticks have landed. Will smoke the puro this weekend

I'm going to say its a Honduran puro. My guess would be a Camacho 10th Anniversary Corojo Torpedo.

The aroma of the foot was indistinctive. The filler was nicely bundled looked a little loose and sort of resembled a cuban style bundle. The whole cigar was firm to the touch with no apparent soft spots.The cap on the torpedo was very nice and stout which reminded me of Camacho torpedo style cigars. I snipped off the first 3mm off the torpedo cap and the draw resembled the classic Camacho draw. The cigar lit great and the draw was nice and easy. The first initial draws from the cigar had a great amount of smoke and was peppery and earthy. The first half of the cigar was great and the flavor was consistant of leather, pepper and earth. Right around the first half the wrapper about 2.5" from the cap split. It didn't blow up and was still smokable. The flavor picked up a little more on the last half of the cigar and there was an uneven burn where the wrapper started to split. The ash for the most part was mildly firm and broke off nice and even. The burn never coned and was even throughout the entire cigar. The peppery notes were predominant throughout the cigar and smooth at the same time. I'm just about finished with the cigar, got about 1.5" left. There have been no major changes in the flavor to really change my decision. Hope I got this one!

Thread Information