Thread: lighter suggestions

Default lighter suggestions

Fellow botl,
    any suggestions(besides bic or matches) for a good quality lighter. my colibri is a p.o.s
    Thanks in advance
    geewiz

Blog Entries

heartfelt.com sells triple flame blue rhino torches with cigar punches on the bottom. I used to have one until I broke it. Excellent lighter, especially considering the cheap price and good warranty.

You could get a Ronson Jet-Lite from walmart for about 3 dollars. Providing you use good fuel (not the ronson brand) It'll last you a while. (still on my 1st one with a few extras on hand)

I used ronson fuel in my colibri, think thats what screwed it up?
    geewiz

Blog Entries

I buy torch lighters made by Tiger, (Nibo), from eBay for about 6 dollars shipped if you buy 2 or more at a time.

They work great, they're cheap, and they're not particular about what fuel you put in them.

I have several Ronson Jet-Light lighters also. I use cheap fuel in them, and they always work. You just need to purge them before refilling, and give them about 5 minutes to rest before trying to light.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Zippo!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    heartfelt.com sells triple flame blue rhino torches with cigar punches on the bottom. I used to have one until I broke it. Excellent lighter, especially considering the cheap price and good warranty.

www.heartfeltindustries.com
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

I highly recommend the Blazer. Ive had a few torch lighters before I bought this one, and it is by far the best. I picked up the clear one so I can see exactly how much fuel I have left in it. And there is an ignition lock on the side that away you dont have to keep the button pushed while lighting your cigar.

I bought mine from Cigarmony.
    Yay! Cigars!

Quote Originally Posted by Enhaf View Post
    You could get a Ronson Jet-Lite from walmart for about 3 dollars. Providing you use good fuel (not the ronson brand) It'll last you a while. (still on my 1st one with a few extras on hand)
    where in WalMart, (sporting goods section) would one find this lighter? Sounds like a nice, "damnit i left it on the 9th hole, oh well" lighter

Quote Originally Posted by 12500 View Post
    where in WalMart, (sporting goods section) would one find this lighter? Sounds like a nice, "damnit i left it on the 9th hole, oh well" lighter
    well at my local Walmarts they're in the checkout lane where you buy cigarettes at (like lane 17)

Blog Entries

They are usually out of stock at my wal mart, but I buy them all when I see them... I have the damn things everywhere

They're my favorite lighter for doing touch-ups... since they have a needle-sharp precise flame!
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 02-10-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Lotus. They are going to take over and fill the void left by colibri, except they make a better product.

Lotus Lighters
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

I like my Tiger, but I do use triple filtered fuel in it. If I go out or to the camp I bring the cheap Ronson. I use the cheap fuel in that one. I like those lighters the best.

Rich

Thanks All!
    geewiz

Quote Originally Posted by Enhaf View Post

im 0 for 3 on my local walmarts..but ill keep looking. BTW I think we can all rest assured that NO ONE working at Walmart will ever take any or our jobs away.

Does anyone own a lotus 25? Looks interesting and I'd like to hear someone's opinion on it

Blog Entries

I was looking at some of the post in the past about lighters. I recently pick up in a box lot a colibri of London lighter. Its brass and says 3rd millennium in two locations on the lighter. It also shows a man driving a older machine of some sort. I thought it was a bike at first but its not. It also has an eagle at the top. At the very bottom it has the brand name then Korea and 64.

Anyhow this looks like something they did special and I was looking on ebay etc to get and idea but did not have much luck. Has anyone ever had one?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Cinda, does your lighter look like this one? Does it have the emblem with a pair of eagles?

Also, this site mentions that the U.S. Historical Society licensed several firms to use their official Third Millennium emblem back in 2000.

Blog Entries

Yes that is it! Thank you now I at least know its age and it could be bought and shipped for 12 bucks! Thanks

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Thread Information