Thread: HdM excalibur questions

1. Default HdM excalibur questions

Hello everyone.
    First post here... greetings from Cincinnati.

I've looked through the archives and tried to do as much research as possible. Maybe you can help me out?

I really enjoy HdM excalibur #1. Of course I don't always enjoy the price tag, as I'm just starting out (again). Can you recommend similar cigars under $5? Is the JR alternative stuff (alternative to HdM) going to disappoint?

Thanks for your advice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazy beagle View Post
    Hello everyone.
    First post here... greetings from Cincinnati.

I've looked through the archives and tried to do as much research as possible. Maybe you can help me out?

I really enjoy HdM excalibur #1. Of course I don't always enjoy the price tag, as I'm just starting out (again). Can you recommend similar cigars under $5? Is the JR alternative stuff (alternative to HdM) going to disappoint?

Thanks for your advice.
    YES, don't waste your money.

CigarsInternational has Excalibur #1s for $73.95 for a box of 20 which is less than $4.00 a stick. Personally, I think that's inexpensive enough but if you want real cheap then go with Cuba Aliados or Consuegras. I'm pretty sure Consuegras are made in the same factory in Honduras as the Excaliburs.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-11-2009 at 09:01 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Welcome from N. Virginia. Are you originally from the cinci-nasty? I grew up near cleveland.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

4. Default

Not originally from here. I'm one of the few residents of the 'nati that has moved here voluntarily.
    Douglas Adams

Got a cigar suggestion?

Best suggestion would be to hit up the newbie sampler thread.

I'm a huge Adams fan, even made a pilgrimage to his grave last fall. You'd be pleased to know there was a towel there for him.
    Last edited by FactoredReality; 02-08-2009 at 09:50 PM.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

6. Default

The JR Alternatives arent great, but I think there smokeable. They may not taste exactly like you want them to but IMO they are decent everyday smokes. I bought a bundle of the Alternatives and willdefinatly buy again. However, as a recomendation, as said before check out the newbie sampler.

Thread Information