Thread: humidor question please help

Default humidor question please help

hi,
    i put my cigars in a humidor, i have the humidfier that i have moistened with a cigar solution and i also put a little cup of distilled water, the temp shows 70, and im just wondering if i should remove the distilled water and only leave the humidifier with the solution or both in there is fine?
    the cigars seem to be a tiny bit too humid, but im not even sure how to check

thanks for all the help

Blog Entries

What does your hygrometer read? If you think they are too moist I would take the water out. Cigars are all about personal preference.

reads 70

Blog Entries

Have you calibrated it recently? Is it digital or analog?

it's analog, i calibrated it about a month ago with the salt water

Ideally, if your humidifier is properly sized for your humidor and you keep it charged then you should have no need for additional humidification except in winter months when the heater is blasting. At those times you should augment your regular humidification with an additional source. However, distilled water is not somethign I would ever recommend because its a one way device, meaning it will never reabsorb humidity only release it.

If you are talking about a desktop humidor I highly recommend crystal gel humidifiers. They work better than anything else I have seen. A small crystal gel puck or drymistat tube in winter should help keep things where they are supposed to be.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

Humidity is all about personal preferences. I almost never look at the hygrometer, simply add or toggle water if the cigars get too tight or dry.

Thread Information