Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White Owl

Blog Entries

Default White Owl

White Owl is a classic cigar that's rich in history, dating back to 1887. White Owl cigars are machine made in Dothan, Alabama, U.S.A. with a sheet-type wrapper and binder that encases a mixed filler tobacco blend from five nations which give an extra mildness and fine taste”.
    White Owl - Wikipedia

Up for review, a trifecta of flavors, available at gas stations and convenience stores across the country!

WHITE OWL FLAVORS

These cigars are presented in a unique way, for convenience, the band is connected with the outer cellophane wrap, providing a simple “pull to open” feature. Very slick! The band itself is a model of ingenuity providing not only a means to open the cigar, but also color coded to indicate flavor, and bar coded for speedy checkout at you’re place of purchase.

First up – White Owl Pineapple

Size, approximately 5 X 42
    Wrapper, tan construction paper.
    Binder, unknown, but seems to be more of the wrapper material.
    Filler, unknown, possibly pine-straw and lawn trimmings.

Upon opening the cello, you are greeted IMMEDIATELY, with a strong “pineapple-ish” aroma that cloys at the senses like a Jolly-Rancher candy that has been wrapped in sweaty gym socks. So much for first impressions!
    Construction seems OK, no soft spots, smooth wrapper, decent bunching evident at the foot. Another interesting feature is the pre-punched cap, eliminating the need to carry that expensive cutter everywhere you go!

Bringing this cigar to my lips, I’m confronted with a very strong, bittersweet continuation of the pineapple-sweat-sock sensation.. For a lighter, I used a trusty Ronson Jet-Light, which took care of business quite nicely

First third-

For those of you who like a lot of smoke from your cigars, this one will not disappoint. However, those who like a lot of blue, acrid, pine straw, construction paper, lawn trimming, tire-fire, pineapple-ish flavored smoke, this is the cigar for you! Burn is flawless, razor straight, and continues this way to the end. Ash is bright white, and fairly dense, falling off after reaching a respectable length of over one inch.

Second Third- More of the same

Final Third- Still more of the same

Conclusions-

If you are looking for that special cigar to celebrate that recent promotion, or closing of escrow on your first house, look somewhere else.

If, however, you enjoy having your senses pummeled by noxious, acrid smoke, reminiscent of Jolly Rancher candy, blended with a perfectly balanced bouquet of sneaker insoles, leaf blower detritus, and burning Firestone tractor tires, look no further than White Owl Pineapple!

Now, If you'll excuse me, I need to brush my teeth, wash my mouth out with battery acid, clean my ashtray, and spray my clothes down with febreze!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

I'm, uh, speechless. After you brush,.......Padron!!

Blog Entries

Words fail me.

Smokin'-stogie? You getting this?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Damn BWA, I gotta run down to the gas station and get me some of these!

Thanks for the great review, keep 'em comin'!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

White Owls? White Owls? White Owls? .... ???
    If I can't smoke because smoking will kill me then life isn't worth living.

-Ian Fleming

I will be at the edge of my seat in suspense waiting for the Grape and Peach reviews.

I think the best part of this review was BWA's quote in chat while he was doing this review:
    "I'm busy doing a review and 'taking one for the team'...if you don't hear from me for awhile its because I'm busy puking." (paraphrased).
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Dang, those sheet wrappers look smooth as a Davidoff's. That near perfect ash sure looks like it could be a Montecristo. Here I've been wasting my time and money on Murial Magnums.

Good Review BWA.

Blog Entries

I am questioning the accuracy of this review. BWA, are you affiliated with the good people at WO? Your review was entirely too positive to have come from an unpaid source. It's a sad day when a cigarsmokers.com member succumbs to greed and corporate payoffs.

Blog Entries

Hmm.

Those cigars are illegal here.

Somehow, I don't think that I will feel the same "forbidden fruit" effect that some people say makes Cubans taste better .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Hmm.

Those cigars are illegal here.

Somehow, I don't think that I will feel the same "forbidden fruit" effect that some people say makes Cubans taste better .
    I think that's why I've been [s]wasting[/s] spending all my money on Primetimes.

I prefer the Chocolate Mint or Vanilla. And by prefer, I mean they don't make me throw up as hard when someone fires one up within a half mile of me.

Oh, and get this:
    While Primetime cigars may look similar to cigarettes because of their size and filter, they are cigars with an extra touch of flavoring.
    We do not sell cigarette products, only fine cigars.
    That's from a place that sells them.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Blog Entries

... and they're imported from the USA by "Casa Cubana"

Bill 124, An Act to amend the Smoke-Free Ontario Act with
    respect to cigarillos, [S.O. 2008, Chapter 26] was given Royal Assent on Dec 10, 2008. The Lieutenant Governor hasn't proclaimed the regulations yet - the speed of the private member bill's passing caught many by surprise.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

12. Default

Man them sophisticated retards at puff would eat these up.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    Man them sophisticated retards at puff would eat these up.
    Hahahaaa

I could post this over there... I could even label it as my first "Poof" review, I think I posted maybe 10 times at club bogie

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

wow.

Blog Entries

I think you resolved the dilemma when you offer someone a cigar and they say "sure,but I'll smoke it later"...then you go into your stash of White Owl Pineapple....the later the better cigar!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Dang, Dennis! Have you resorted to Gas Station smokes??????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Hahahaaa

I could post this over there... I could even label it as my first "Poof" review, I think I posted maybe 10 times at club bogie
    Yeah, go ahead, post it up at puff.........where only the cool people have log-ins!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    Dang, Dennis! Have you resorted to Gas Station smokes??????
    not quite yet brother!

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Yeah, go ahead, post it up at puff.........where only the cool people have log-ins!!
    I asked Caputski 3 times now to delete my existence over there. maybe it's time for a more "pro-active" solution?

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    I asked Caputski 3 times now to delete my existence over there. maybe it's time for a more "pro-active" solution?
    Perhaps........my account is gone baby, gone.

Thread Information