Thread: Bees

I Live in Anderson CA. 2 hours north of Sacramento

Default Bees

I have wondered why bees come around while I am smoking a cigar. You would think they would hate the smoke. do any of you experience this? We have honey bee festival every year. I am going to see if they know the answer to this.

Back in the day we kept honey bees on the farm. Whenever we would go in to collect the honey we would use smoke to help "calm" the bees. At least that is what I think it was for. That was when I was pretty young and was more interested in keeping my distance and not getting stung so I could be wrong.

Maybe if you stop smoking Cuban Honeys they will leave you alone.

I haven't had the bee experience but I can say that cigar smoke doesn't seem to bother mosquito's, gnats and other pesky flying insects either. One would think they would avoid a cloud of smoke. It doesn't even bother my cat who likes to jump up in my lap on cool evenings.
    So for those people who complain if they get even a whisp of cigar smoke... You're just looking for an excuse to bitch. I could (should) complain about that cologne your wearing. It makes me sneeze and feel sick to my stomach. How can you live with that shit on you all day?

Blog Entries

Anyone who's ever gone fishing in the south knows about the biting gnats...

I don't care HOW good the fishing is, If I run out of cigars, it's time to go home. The cigar smoke works great as gNat repellent, at least for me.

I've never had the bee experience either... that sounds contradictory to normal bee-havior
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information