Thread: Need Humidor

Default Need Humidor

Need by April 5th. Would like humidor for 12-50 Cigars. All I have avialable right now is $150.00. Is that enough? Also if anyone has any suggestions, please advise. Thanks
    Last edited by Juan; 03-05-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries

Buy one of these. Read this. Fill it with these and these. Then start doing this.

And hi. Welcome to the forum from here.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Buy one of these. Read this. Fill it with these and these. Then start doing this.

LOL! Great Post!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I Live in Anderson CA. 2 hours north of Sacramento

You can buy a combo humi from different sites. the Humi I use Was from Thompson and it is a good humi I had it for about 6 years now still doing a good job. My wife bought it for me as a gift. it cam with 50 cigars and it was $119 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post

Thanks my monitor now looks like a mangled Subway ad. What I get for trying to catch up on the forums during lunch I guess.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Very good post...

See, for $150 you can build three 50 quart coolidors. Will that be enough storage for you?

Thanks everyone. I look forward to enjoying cigars more often now. I have always wanted a humidor, but did not know too much about them. I have been reading about them here and think I ready to make that next step. As far as the coolerdor, it looks cool and would be nice, but I don't need that much space. Maybe later on...
    thanks again!

Blog Entries

Maybe.

I actually bought my desktop humidor (my ONLY humidor) from my local cigar shop for like $30 or so. It was used, as they sell cigars in grocery stores, liquor stores, bowling alleys, golf courses around the area, and sometimes bring in their older ones for resale. I had to condition it, but it holds probably 100+ cigars. I've never gone nuts on cigar purchases enough to warrant a coolerdor purchase, but it is widely accepted as the way to go here on this board if you are going to start collecting a lot of cigars.

Hope this helps, and welcome again. What kinds of cigars do you enjoy?

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    As far as the coolerdor, it looks cool and would be nice, but I don't need that much space. Maybe later on...
    thanks again!
    I thought the same thing until my later on came much faster than I thought.

@mrtr33

I'm a big fan of the Arturo Fuente Short Story. I don’t find myself enjoying larger cigars. I never smoke for an extended period of time and I feel like it’s a waste if I can’t smoke the whole thing.

spent over $200 for two humi's and i'm just about out of space wish i would of come to forum and learned about coolidor first. could of saved money and spent it on the important things like cigars.

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

Cigarbid.com and cigarauctioneer.com sometimes has humidors up for auction, just be careful, you will see lots of things you want to buy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by big bill View Post
    spent over $200 for two humi's and i'm just about out of space wish i would of come to forum and learned about coolidor first. could of saved money and spent it on the important things like cigars,
    and capital letters.

Blog Entries

We know your shift key works, at least on the dollar sign!

We don't ask much, just try to keep this place from looking like a bunch of text messages.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    @mrtr33

I'm a big fan of the Arturo Fuente Short Story. I don’t find myself enjoying larger cigars. I never smoke for an extended period of time and I feel like it’s a waste if I can’t smoke the whole thing.
    Those Short Stories are tasty. But I have noticed that they take almost just as long to smoke as a normal robusto, or even a toro vitola, depending on the manufacturer. It sounds like you might enjoy some other cigars of the robusto variety. A good way to become familiarized with a number of different cigars, usually customized to your needs, is to try the Newbie Sampler thread in the Exchange section of the forum. I got started there from nothing. Now I have a much better idea of what I like - and what I don't. Good luck.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I have one cooler and two cabinets. To be honest I'm not sure why I still keep the cooler considering I own a humidor shop.

But old habits die hard I guess. Basically if you make your coolerdor right its almost as good as a cabinet. But realistically there is nothing as good for aging cigars as a cabinet. I really think it has to do with the amount of wood its lined with. I have a cooler that is entirely lined with wood but my cigars still taste better our of my cabinets. They are so much more completely permeated with cedar aroma during the aging process. Does it make a noticeable difference...to me it does. Your mileage may vary.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

Thread Information