Thread: Another new guy...

Talking Another new guy...

Hey all, i'm Myles.

I'm from Haverhill, Ma But i should be moving to Boston/Cambridge for culinary school next year

I've been smoking cigars for about a year, but I guess White Owl's don't count for much. I started taking things serious about 2 months ago, and I haven't looked back.

I don't know much about much in the way of cigars, and I'm here to learn!! What i do know is that I like mild to medium bodied cigars with a light wrapper, Connecticut Shade I think it's called? I really am a total cigar noob. My favorite smoke right now is the Tabak Especial Corona Dulce.

I'm also in need of some suggestions, i'm getting paid friday, which means a trip to the B&M to spend some cash and enjoy the plush couches.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board from Kansas.

Blog Entries

Welcome from CO. CAO Gold is pretty mild with some decent flavors. It's not my favorite cigar because I prefer fuller bodied smokes, but it fits the profile you're looking for.
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Thanks for the tip

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

Welcome, I agree that the CAO Gold is a good idea. Also, try a Macanudo and a Montesino.

welcome from another newbie alot to learn using search and hay try the newbie sampler just got mine and was full of smokes that i hadn,t tried.

Welcome from Western MA. I would suggest the H Upmann Vintage Cameroon for a nice inexpensive smoke,
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bassfever View Post
    Welcome from Western MA. I would suggest the H Upmann Vintage Cameroon for a nice inexpensive smoke,

I also really enjoy a Fonseca Vintage for a lighter-bodied smoke.
    Since you are just kind of starting out, why limit yourself to milder-bodied smokes? I have never understood that in those new to the hobby. I can understand not wanting too much nicotine, but this is a subjective hobby; try stuff. Make your own decisions. Search on the boards for new ideas, then let us know what you think!

Welcome to the board from Louisiana.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post

Since you are just kind of starting out, why limit yourself to milder-bodied smokes?
    I have tried full bodied sticks, but it was very overpowering. I'm working my way into it, since I started on the strong flavored cheap sticks. Also, I just like a sweet, not too overpowering smoke. I'm not too picky...yet!!

Welcome from Western MA.
    Where in W. Mass? I went to school in North Adams last year.

Also, thanks for all the tips, I'm getting a small humi tomorrow so i can start taking things home from my local B&M wihout worries, so I'll have to stock it up!
    Last edited by mt4080; 03-05-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: noticed a spelling error

Blog Entries

Welcome to the board from CT.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Welcome from N. Virginia. Consider making a coolerdor, its cheaper and you can horde a lot more smokes. I also second the newbie sampler thread, its worth every penny and then some.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Welcome to the forum from the tip of MS.

Blog Entries

Welcome mt

I just bought a car up your way. I found it on the internet (autotrader.com) at a used car dealership in Lowell. It's called Howe's Auto Sales and the owner's name is Kevin. He's absolutely one of the best people you'll ever buy a used car from.

Culinary school, that's great! My wife's a self-taught chef and has a side line business as a personal chef.

nhcigarfan is from up near you, I think he's near Portsmouth.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Welcome from Maryland
    If I can't smoke because smoking will kill me then life isn't worth living.

-Ian Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Welcome mt

I just bought a car up your way. I found it on the internet (autotrader.com) at a used car dealership in Lowell. It's called Howe's Auto Sales and the owner's name is Kevin. He's absolutely one of the best people you'll ever buy a used car from.

Culinary school, that's great! My wife's a self-taught chef and has a side line business as a personal chef.

nhcigarfan is from up near you, I think he's near Portsmouth.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome from Central Ohio
    Mark 8:36

Welcome to the Board.

Welcome from out west in Utah!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mt4080 View Post
    Hey all, i'm Myles.

I'm from Haverhill, Ma But i should be moving to Boston/Cambridge for culinary school next year

I've been smoking cigars for about a year, but I guess White Owl's don't count for much. I started taking things serious about 2 months ago, and I haven't looked back.

I don't know much about much in the way of cigars, and I'm here to learn!! What i do know is that I like mild to medium bodied cigars with a light wrapper, Connecticut Shade I think it's called? I really am a total cigar noob. My favorite smoke right now is the Tabak Especial Corona Dulce.

I'm also in need of some suggestions, i'm getting paid friday, which means a trip to the B&M to spend some cash and enjoy the plush couches.
    Welcome to CigarSmokers from Ottawa, Canada!

Mild/medium suggestions: Oliva O and G (and Flor de Oliva Gold for a budget smoke), Perdomo Reserve (or Champagne or Golf or whatever Perdomo calls these things now). I don't smoke much Conn. Shade.

Note wrapper colour may or may not have anything to do with body. Many cigars with Maduro-processed (dark, hopefully not dyed) wrappers fit right into the mild-medium category. Besides Maduro versions of the above-mentioned smokes, the Alec Bradley Trilogy Exotic Maduro <phew> is a sweet-tasting mild smoke. The CAO Brazilia is a good medium Maddie. (I prefer the Padron Maddies, but Padrons have a bit more body than all of the others I've mentioned IMHO.)
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information