Thread: Recommendations for a BC B&M

Default Recommendations for a BC B&M

So my wife suggested I quit bitching about never having smoke a Habano and head north to try one. Needless to say I'm taking her up on the offer and need some advice from all you British Columbians. I'm in Seattle and am curious whether there are any decent cigar shops close to the border? If not one before, what would be a good B&M in Vancouver? Price is important but I'd love to find one with a lounge.

Todd

LCDH has one of its four Canadian locations in Vancouver. I don't know if they have a lounge, but at least you'll know it's a legit Habano! I'm planning on making the trip to Montreal this summer for the same reason, let us know how it goes!

-Myles

Blog Entries

No lounges in BC - smoking inside is illegal in BC, even in B&M's.

Myself, I would take the ferry over to Victoria and support this guy's store. He's preserved his shop - still has the original exterior from the early 1900's that advertise tobacco. Advertising tobacco is illegal now. However, his store is a heritage site, so it is illegal for him to do anything but preserve the exterior of his store. Catch-22. Link to news story in the Victoria newspaper
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    No lounges in BC - smoking inside is illegal in BC, even in B&M's.

Myself, I would take the ferry over to Victoria and support this guy's store. He's preserved his shop - still has the original exterior from the early 1900's that advertise tobacco. Advertising tobacco is illegal now. However, his store is a heritage site, so it is illegal for him to do anything but preserve the exterior of his store. Catch-22.
    I realized that, having not used it in many years, my passport is now expired. I know that getting through customs to and from Victoria has been traditionally easier than the mainland border crossings but I'll have to see if that's still the case. Otherwise it's going to take a while to get my passport renewed. Fingers crossed for a simple boat ride to heaven. Even if I can't smoke at a lounge it's still a Cuban!!

I Live in Anderson CA. 2 hours north of Sacramento

Default Cigar shop

I live in northern CA. and I was scoping the ALPHA tobacco shop in BC. Please post a note to let us know which store you went to and if you liked it. Thanks

Old Morris is a very nice shop and a must visit when in Victoria. If you do venture up north, there are several well stocked B&M's. Let me know if the ferry ride doesn't work out and you plan on heading my way.

Quote Originally Posted by kardar2 View Post
    I live in northern CA. and I was scoping the ALPHA tobacco shop in BC. Please post a note to let us know which store you went to and if you liked it. Thanks
    Their site is much much better looking than the actual store. I found their selection to be very limited.

I'm stuck waiting on my new passport. I need either that or the enhanced license even on the ferry. It sounds like a 30-45 days turn around so here's hoping for a miracle

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    I'm stuck waiting on my new passport. I need either that or the enhanced license even on the ferry. It sounds like a 30-45 days turn around so here's hoping for a miracle
    If you are close to one, you should be able to go to the consulate and could get one that day. You'd pay through the nose, but my brother did something like that several years back.......

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I paid the xtra 50 or 60 bucks to get my Passport quicker than normal last year when I applied for one and had it in hand in 2 weeks.
    Occupation Foole

I did the rush thing years ago. It was quick but expensive. I'm patient to wait and spend the money saved on more sticks

Thread Information