Thread: Lancero Vitola

Blog Entries

Default Lancero Vitola

I was at a local B&M shooting the s%$# with the guy who was working and he was going on and on about how he almost exclusively smokes cigars in the Lancero vitola. He went on to proclaim that because there is less filler, that most of the flavor comes from the wrapper so the wrappers flavor is not dulled by the filler. I have had only one Lancero and I have an Oliva Serie V Lancero in the humi right now so I haven't had a lot of experience with the Lancero vitola. What do you guys think?
    Smoke em' if you got em'

I've only had one lancero myself, but it was absolutly amazing. I've got two others waiting in my humi for when the weather gets better... I've heard they can be a little hit and miss with construction though
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

3. Default

I smoke a few. Joya de Nigaragua Antano and LaFlor Dominicana double ligero and Alec Bradley Tempus are all good Lanceros in my opinion. Dont take what somebody says as gospel,go out and buy a couple and see fro yourself. If you smoke em fast they will get hot and bitter no matter what the brand is
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

I got a couple of Hoyo lanceros in my newbie sampler months back. I havent smoked any other vitolas from HdM so I can't tell you if i liked the lancero better, but I can say that it was a very pleasant smoke.

I love lancero's. One of my Favorite vitolas. With that said it is not the best Vitola for every cigar. Some wrappers need the balance of more filler etc.

Mi dominicana by Jose Seijas...one of my favorite sticks from the last IPCPR. amazingly good stick but in lancero...it was ok. Just gotta find what you like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    I smoke a few. Joya de Nigaragua Antano and LaFlor Dominicana double ligero and Alec Bradley Tempus are all good Lanceros in my opinion. Dont take what somebody says as gospel,go out and buy a couple and see fro yourself. If you smoke em fast they will get hot and bitter no matter what the brand is
    Absolutely agree with Kevin. You should make all effort to smoke them at a moderate pace. I smoke lots of lanceros and smaller RG cigars and I'll add Nestor Miranda Select, Padilla Miami 8/11, CT Virtuoso, My Father, Don Pepin Blue and Black, and the Oliva serie V to the list. Oops, and there's the Tat havana VI angeles....not a true lancero, but close enough for me.

I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one on the board that has spoken highly of the CAO LX2 Lancero.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one on the board that has spoken highly of the CAO LX2 Lancero.
    I haven't had the LX2 Lancero, but I have had the other vitolas. I'm going to have to try and find one. I imagine it's a pretty nice smoke!
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Opus X - Petit Lancero...

Lanceros are a great vitola because the flavor tends to arrive immediately and stick around.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

I have only had the LFD Coronado series, and the Oliva Serie V lanceros. The LFD was amazing, but the Serie V was really bad (may have gotten a bad one, my buddy smoked another and loved it) Anyways, i agree with most, they are hit or miss depending on the cigar.
    Mark 8:36

Thread Information