Thread: Anyone ever smoke a J.F.R.?

Default Anyone ever smoke a J.F.R.?

I did my search..didn't find anything. Bought one, liked it..anyone else ever try one? it was a cheapie..like $5 at my local B&M
    EVERYONE WHO LIVES DIES, BUT NOT EVERYONE WHO DIES HAS LIVED

Oh..J.F.R. stands for "just for retail"
    EVERYONE WHO LIVES DIES, BUT NOT EVERYONE WHO DIES HAS LIVED

They are a decent cigar. Nothing great but not bad. Wouldn'tpay more than 3/4 for each though.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    They are a decent cigar. Nothing great but not bad. Wouldn'tpay more than 3/4 for each though.
    Yeah, about that. $5 in Colorado. Gotta pay the Governor. I'm a fan of the Titan natural.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

I've had the corojo and the maduro. The corojo was ok, but the maduro was pretty damn tasty if I recall.

I've had it before. I have to admit, not a bad cigar for the price.

Definitely worth trying.

Default Had one last night!

I had a J.F.R. last night as a matter of fact. Not sure which one it was, my uncle picked it out for me, but it had the curly tip at the end of it. Really dark and mild cigar, it was great, but it was hard to keep it lit! If I put it down for more than 3 minutes while I was playing poker it went out on me. Would smoke one again, however.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BurnDownKing View Post
    I had a J.F.R. last night as a matter of fact. Not sure which one it was, my uncle picked it out for me, but it had the curly tip at the end of it. Really dark and mild cigar, it was great, but it was hard to keep it lit! If I put it down for more than 3 minutes while I was playing poker it went out on me. Would smoke one again, however.
    Welcome to the forum. Interesting screen name you have, perhaps a short intro could shed some light on it.

A lurker who had something to say. Welcome, amigo. Your cigar was likely too fresh from the store, and still way too wet. Good that you didn't let that spoil your impressions of the smoke. Next time, smoke one that has a few weeks in your humi.

Tell us about yourself and speak up more.
    Bruce

Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
    Hanlon's Razor

Thank you for the welcome! It's good to be here. I actually play poker at this cigar shop once a month, this guy runs a sweet cigar shop, he has the largest humidor in AZ. It's the size of a bedroom, AT LEAST. Anyway, yes I got it right out of the humidor and smoked it while playing poker. It was very mild with almost a sweet flavor. I really wish now I remember the name of it.... My uncle actually suggested I get it.

As for my screen name, no real history behind it. I just thought it up when I was joining the forum! I actually am really looking forward to doing some trading/buying from you more experienced afficionados!

If anyone's looking for something in particular I live about 10 minutes away from this shop, and he really has an amazing assortment. Let me know and I can go scope it out! Always looking for advice on cigars. I really am looking forward to learning more on this forum.

Thanks!

As for a little bit about myself, my name is Brad and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I literally just found this forum last night and signed up on the spot. I've been interested in learning more about cigars for quite some time now, just got serious here a few months ago.

Just got married last month, and I work for a company called Discount Tire Co. Don't know if anyone's heard of them. I do software development for them. I'm 27 year olds and have enjoyed smoking a cigar casually for at least 8 or 9 years now.

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

Welcome Brad. I am from Phoenix, I miss it alot. Never been to a cigar shop there though, I try not to smoke around my little brothers. What area of town do you live in? Just got 4 new tires from Discount the other week.

I live off the Carefree Highway & I-17. Very north Phoenix. The guy that has this cigar shop is actually up in Anthem. It really is a sweet humidor. I need to take a picture of it or something.

Where are you living now benji?

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

Tejas, my family is still in the PV area. Anthem is OUT THERE! It is a long drive up to the outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjiM View Post
    Tejas, my family is still in the PV area. Anthem is OUT THERE! It is a long drive up to the outlets.

Yeah I'm just south of the outlet mall about 7 or 8 minutes. Pretty nice up here, they've been doing a lot of work on it.

Man I want a cigar now from all this cigar talk, but the shop is closed Sundays. :(

As for a little bit about myself, my name is Brad and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I literally just found this forum last night and signed up on the spot. I've been interested in learning more about cigars for quite some time now, just got serious here a few months ago.

Just got married last month, and I work for a company called Discount Tire Co. Don't know if anyone's heard of them. I do software development for them. I'm 27 year olds and have enjoyed smoking a cigar casually for at least 8 or 9 years now.
    Hmmmm......possible cigar trade for tires? LOL! Welcome from Virginia!

Thread Information