1 Cohiba Robusto Natural 5 x 49
    1 Cusano 18 Robusto Natural 5 x 50
    1 Padron 3000 Natural 5 1/2 x 52
    1 Perdomo 10th Champagne Robusto Natural 5 X 54
    1 Plasencia Reserva Robusto Natural 4 3/4 X 52
    1 RP American Market Robusto Natural 5 1/2 x 50
    1 Rocky Patel Vintage 99 Robusto Natural 5 1/2 x 50
    1 Sun Grown RP Robusto Natural 5 1/2 X 50

Now.....This will be my first time trying these brands and i want to pick the right cigars for the right occasion, so with that in mind what would you reccomend i smoke these with (food, drink, etc.), and which should be aged in the humi before smoking? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Darren

I learned a while back to just grab one and smoke it. Putting too much thought into which to smoke takes up precious smoking time.

None of the smokes in that sampler are rare or exquisite cigars so any occasion would be right for any of them. I've had all of those cigars and they are all good or at least pretty good. Also, I wouldn't worry about aging any of them.

I wouldn't worry about aging those either. Just close your eyes, grab one, and light it up.

Rich

Blog Entries

That Padron is the only one I would consider aging... they just keep getting better and better!

And they're great right out of the box
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I find the meat and potatoes kind of meals go well with any cigar. Also Whiskey, beer, coffee, & water are the best for me to drink.

I say this because the above just happens to be what I enjoy to eat and drink. I really don't put a lot of thought into what to eat and drink with my cigar. Most times it's what ever happens to be on the menu.

Cigars are to be enjoyed. If you enjoy trying to match up cigars, food, & drinks then please take the time to do reviews with Pictures. I pick what ever looks good at the moment.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Ferget about moonshine and such - just smoke the dadgummed things!!!

Hey Daredog that Alec Bradley Maxx is a real dog rocket you're not gonna like it one bit just send it to me I'll get rid of it for ya.
    Occupation Foole

Default haha

Well.....I will defenitely take that into consideration. Maybe you would like to trade me for it . But i do agree with what a lot of you are saying, when I am really craving a cigar i don't think it through, i just grab it and light up. I have just seen several posts (especially reviews) where the drink or food is included in the description......and i was just wondering if it really mattered. I would think that you might want to match the predominant flavors of the cigar with what you are drinking to add to the experience. And mostly i guess i just boils down to what each of us likes.

I will be sure to let you all know how that MAXX comes out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daredog4 View Post
    Well.....I will defenitely take that into consideration. Maybe you would like to trade me for it . But i do agree with what a lot of you are saying, when I am really craving a cigar i don't think it through, i just grab it and light up. I have just seen several posts (especially reviews) where the drink or food is included in the description......and i was just wondering if it really mattered. I would think that you might want to match the predominant flavors of the cigar with what you are drinking to add to the experience. And mostly i guess i just boils down to what each of us likes.

I will be sure to let you all know how that MAXX comes out.
    That's it right there!!

You must keep in mind though that lots of things factor into a particular experience with a cigar. Things from the time of day all the way to what you had for dinner. Imho, that, along with potential random "bad" cigars from a box is the primary reason for trying multiple sticks before deciding if a particular cigar is for you or not. Change up the "variables" and try to find that perfect time and circumstance for THAT specific stick.

Of course, there will probably come a time when you've done enough of that and have your humi stocked only with stuff you really like.......then you'll just close your eyes and smoke whatever you grab.

Super old thread, I know...but the first part of this thread had me asking myself:

What cigars are worth aging?

I definitely want to have some grab and go cigars, but would also like to have a selection that I can be patient with and know that they'll get better and better with time.

What would you guys declare "age worthy" and what makes them so?

I searched the forum for different kinds of subject matter but wasn't sure how to word it so the searches didn't yield much, so your help is appreciated...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post
    Super old thread, I know...but the first part of this thread had me asking myself:

What cigars are worth aging?

I definitely want to have some grab and go cigars, but would also like to have a selection that I can be patient with and know that they'll get better and better with time.

What would you guys declare "age worthy" and what makes them so?

I searched the forum for different kinds of subject matter but wasn't sure how to word it so the searches didn't yield much, so your help is appreciated...
    Do a little more searching. It comes up pretty often...and man, the last thing I wated to see this morning loggin in, was dreaddog

I'll give you 1 ~ Padron 'thousand series with 1+yr age (that one comes up pretty often)

Will

ETA: clue: search for a thread in July 2010
    Last edited by badwhale; 02-05-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Haha thanks badwhale! I'll check for that thread...

Now, let's allow this thread to slip back into the abyss

Edit: Just had a brain fart! There should an "official" list of asshats. Something the FOG's compile so that us new jacks will be that much more informed about the local yokels on the board...just a thought.
    Last edited by b.read; 02-05-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Ahhhh, now that's a valuable site to check before making purchases! Thanks Craig

I think the "list" I had in mind was not one warning newbies of scams, but letting them know who here have a "Degree in Asshattery" or maybe even a "Minor in Douchebaggery" that sort...

Then again, I suppose if I stick around long enough it'll be obvious...

Thread Information