Thread: Perdomo Lot 23 Torpedo

Default Perdomo Lot 23 Torpedo

Well, on the way to get the Camacho, i made the mistake of opening the small cooler I have for my overflow

I saw the Perdomo Lot 23 that I had picked up a few weeks ago sitting there looking all dark and oily so I figured why not smoke it instead of the Camacho.

So I settled down on my back porch to enjoy the nice weather, 66 F and the quiet neighborhood, and lit up the Lot 23.

Man, did that cigar come out of it's corner swinging!! I'm still a little sore from the beating it gave me

Probably not the best cigar to sit down in the morning just before lunch to smoke. It was very spicy with a wood taste to it that was different than the cedar taste i've gotten from other cigars. It was a very easy draw and a light, pleasant finish considering the strength of the actual smoke. It was overall a medium strength smoke, just with plenty of spice to it.

i actually really liked this cigar and will be looking to add more to my collection, I just wasn't quite prepared for it

And by the time I was getting a handle on it, the neighbors on both sides of me decided to crank up the yard blowers which killed "the nice quiet smoke on the back porch while enjoying a cigar" idea I had.

sammis

Quote Originally Posted by sammis View Post
    Well, on the way to get the Camacho, i made the mistake of opening the small cooler I have for my overflow

I saw the Perdomo Lot 23 that I had picked up a few weeks ago sitting there looking all dark and oily so I figured why not smoke it instead of the Camacho.

So I settled down on my back porch to enjoy the nice weather, 66 F and the quiet neighborhood, and lit up the Lot 23.

Man, did that cigar come out of it's corner swinging!! I'm still a little sore from the beating it gave me

Probably not the best cigar to sit down in the morning just before lunch to smoke. It was very spicy with a wood taste to it that was different than the cedar taste i've gotten from other cigars. It was a very easy draw and a light, pleasant finish considering the strength of the actual smoke. It was overall a medium strength smoke, just with plenty of spice to it.

i actually really liked this cigar and will be looking to add more to my collection, I just wasn't quite prepared for it

And by the time I was getting a handle on it, the neighbors on both sides of me decided to crank up the yard blowers which killed "the nice quiet smoke on the back porch while enjoying a cigar" idea I had.

sammis

One of my favorites. Yep, they will jump start a diesel. Can't say that I ever had one in the morning. Brave man!

Ehh, I definitely didn't enjoy the one I had. Perhaps it was a dud.

You can pick these up for a pretty decant price on cbid. They are a staple in my humi from now on,
    Yay! Cigars!

If I knew then what I know now, i probably would have waited until after I got home from work and had supper

I'll definitely have to add it to my CBid watch list.

The next one will have to be accompanied by a glass of Scotch Single Malt Whisky to help smooth it out some! or at least smooth me out

sammis

Quote Originally Posted by sammis View Post
    If I knew then what I know now, i probably would have waited until after I got home from work and had supper

I'll definitely have to add it to my CBid watch list.

The next one will have to be accompanied by a glass of Scotch Single Malt Whisky to help smooth it out some! or at least smooth me out

sammis
    MaCallan - Can't beat with a stick, So drink it with stick!

Hmmm, that reminds me, I have that bottle of Macallan Cask Strength sitting on the shelf.

Now I have to go buy another cigar

sammis

oooo, Lot 23 Maduro

Oh well there goes the credit card I just payed off.

sammis

Default another site to look at

I don't mean to add another advertisement but I was just looking on www.cigarauctioneer.com and they have a few 5-packs of these up for bid right now........im really thinking about bidding after some of the reviews i've seen.

This one has never come across as spicy to me, just a nice rich earthy kinda flavor...it is a good value. It seems like any Perdomo I have I always enjoy the first half more than the second half, I dunno...

These are very good with some age. I have a box in the cooler that has about a year on it and they are excellent.
    Yay! Cigars!

Default Not a bad cigar

I ended up getting that Fiver on auction and im glad i did. I also found that it had a woody or earthy aroma and taste which i really liked because it was different than other cigars i've had. Im glad i got a large ring gauge because i noticed that if the burn became too hot that it developed a very spicy and almost bitter flavor, but if i gave it time and took long slow draws that it mellowed out nicely. I had a little trouble with uneven burn but i think a little more time in the humi will fix that problem. Thanks for the review, I now have a new cigar to add to the rotation.

Thread Information