Thread: first time set up

1. Default first time set up

Hi, so I just got back to England from a couple of weeks in Cuba where I bought myself a box of 25 romeo y julieta no.3's these are in the metal tubes, I also bought a few Cohiba V's and after a hell of a lot of reading/research into how to keep these in good condition I'm thinking that maybe I should get a humidor such as this: http://www.humidorsonline.co.uk/pres...ty-p-5717.html with a couple of the DryMistat tubes. Does this sound like a reasonable set up for a low cost easy solution?

also, would anyone recommend keeping my cigars in their tubes whilst in a humidor or taking them out?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Dean

Not as easy as a cooler with humidification.

Get those cigars into something sooner than later, even if just a temporary fix like big ziplocs.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

3. Default

i would suggest that you put the cigars into a humidor with out the tubs. b/c keeping it in the tubs will eventraly end up drying out your cigars if they are not seald right. the Ideal conditions are 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity. keeping in these conditions will mean that you will have that perfict smoke out of every cigar as if it came of the line the sec you fired that cigar up. but if you want to keep them in the tubs just in case you should crack them just a little bit so your cigars can get some air flow.
    Ben H Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Benwiliams View Post
    i would suggest that you put the cigars into a humidor with out the tubs. b/c keeping it in the tubs will eventraly end up drying out your cigars if they are not seald right. the Ideal conditions are 70°F (21°C) and 70% humidity. keeping in these conditions will mean that you will have that perfict smoke out of every cigar as if it came of the line the sec you fired that cigar up. but if you want to keep them in the tubs just in case you should crack them just a little bit so your cigars can get some air flow.
    Ben - thanks for the valuable feedback.

However - in case you'd not noticed - CaptChunderpants has not been back since 4/29. I think he's already made up his mind about what he should do.

5. Default

not problem man if you need any help with any humidor problem just ask and ill help
    Ben H Williams

not problem man if you need any help with any humidor problem just ask and ill help
    Appreciate the offer, Ben - But I think I'm good right now. My humidors (mutiple - big and small - plastic and wood) have all be operating at top efficiency for well over 8 or 9 years now.

7. Default

if you are looking for good cigars or combos other accessories just visit this trusted site

http://www.spamcitythompsoncigar.com

its got all you need and more.
    Last edited by Roham; 06-15-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Ben H Williams

Blog Entries

if you are looking for good cigars or combos other accessories just visit this trusted site

http://www.spamcitythompsoncigar.com

its got all you need and more.
    If you ever post a link to Thompson again, you're getting S.R.'d
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    If you ever post a link to Thompson again, you're getting S.R.'d
    Too late - I reported that spam with a quickness.
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Too late - I reported that spam with a quickness.
    least it's not the BNB - though something smells.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Dammit you guys! Here I finally run across a guy who is willing to answer my question about storing cigars with the cello or without it and you basically run him off. God help some of you if my PM goes unreturned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoeCizlak View Post
    Dammit you guys! Here I finally run across a guy who is willing to answer my question about storing cigars with the cello or without it and you basically run him off. God help some of you if my PM goes unreturned.
    PM sent.
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    PM sent.
    Thanks man. While I'm extremely flattered, I'm also very happily married. I'll just patiently wait for BenWilliams if it's all the same to you.

Blog Entries

Thanks man. While I'm extremely flattered, I'm also very happily married. I'll just patiently wait for BenWilliams if it's all the same to you.
    Dammit.....this freelancing wasn't cleared with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Dammit.....this freelancing wasn't cleared with me.
    PM sent.

...I'll just patiently wait for BenWilliams...

I get it - "BenWilliams" piques my curiosity as well. Instinctively the name screams out, "...get to know me!!!". On the other hand, the name "Captain Chunderpants" is also equally interesting.

Thread Information