Thread: cigar case

I Live in Anderson CA. 2 hours north of Sacramento

Default cigar case

so I got one of these:
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...CIEG31&cat=161

in the sponge in the lid how much distilled water do I put in it.
    it don't look like it will hold much and I don't want to put too much that I ruin cigars. thanks for your help.

Blog Entries

Unless you plan on storing cigars in there for weeks, you really don't need any water.

I have a few of these that I use extensively during hunting season, when I plan on being out for a week, I'll put just a few drops of water. They seal great, and there's very little air space inside, so it'll take a lot to dry out a cigar in there.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I picked up the 50 count one from Cheap Humidors for transporting my cigars when I fly in and out of Iraq this summer on leave. I'm going to use one of my Humi-Care humidifiers with the gel in it since I'll be transporting about 40 sticks.

And noooooooo ...... there won't be any Cohiba's in there from Kuwait, none at all

Kris

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    I picked up the 50 count one from Cheap Humidors for transporting my cigars when I fly in and out of Iraq this summer on leave. I'm going to use one of my Humi-Care humidifiers with the gel in it since I'll be transporting about 40 sticks.

And noooooooo ...... there won't be any Cohiba's in there from Kuwait, none at all

Kris
    Good, 'cause Cohiba's come from Cuba. Ones from Kuwait will probably be fakes ...
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Good, 'cause Cohiba's come from Cuba. Ones from Kuwait will probably be fakes ...
    HAhaha. Maybe he meant Kuwait, Cuba?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Unless you plan on storing cigars in there for weeks, you really don't need any water.

I have a few of these that I use extensively during hunting season, when I plan on being out for a week, I'll put just a few drops of water. They seal great, and there's very little air space inside, so it'll take a lot to dry out a cigar in there.
    Yeah what BWA said... these things hold humidity great. Adding minimal moisture to the sponge is more than enough in my experience. I have a friend who left cigars in his for around a month on accident and they were still in good shape when he took them back out.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

What bigwhiteash said. Cigars will stay for about a week in there without water. Don't use it for long term storage.

Actually the Cohiba I picked up came from the Duty Free shop, and the stuff they sell are indeed real. My last time through Kuwait International on my way home on vacation I stopped and picked one up. They actually have smoking rooms (surprisingly) in the airport which is where I had mine. The Siglo IV is a really nice mild to medium cigar with a medium length peppery finish. Fantastic flavors of cedar and leather throughout, but the last third was a bit too much for my pallette then.

I decided I shouldn't take it with me for fear of actually getting a "random" check going through Customs.

There are a few I've had sent over here that I want to take home but it'll take me a week to get to Kuwait from Iraq. The civilians get bumped for military all the time so that's why I bought this one. I know it'll keep the RH up but the temps here in late June have me a bit concerned. We'll see what happens.

Kris

Blog Entries

Okay, I'll give you the duty-free at most (but not all) big airports . Search around the Internet and you'll find a site that reports on the validity of the cigars from various duty-free shops.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Thread Information