Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got to love unsecured 802.11 networks

1. Default

Friends don't let friends use Windows

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Friends don't let friends use Windows
    Are you wunna them thar commie pinko "Linux" users stranger? Whassa matter, "Winders" haint good 'nuff fer ya?

If you work in the computer field, you'll have to work with Microsoft products, like it or not. Actually, I'd like to have the time to get into Linux one of these days. At this point I just don't have the time or the room for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Are you wunna them thar commie pinko "Linux" users stranger? Whassa matter, "Winders" haint good 'nuff fer ya?

If you work in the computer field, you'll have to work with Microsoft products, like it or not. Actually, I'd like to have the time to get into Linux one of these days. At this point I just don't have the time or the room for it.
    Yeah, I went and tried to Dual boot with Ubuntu the other day and it screwed up my MBR, Fixed that, but I haven't gotten around to reinstalling linux yet. Sounds like a project for this weekend since I can't do much else since having surgery.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

4. Default

If you work in the computer field, you'll have to work with Microsoft products, like it or not.
    I actually work in the computer field and have minimal windoze exposure. Both my home machines run Ubuntu. My desktop at work runs Windoze, but I don't deal with it very much. I run thunderbird, firefox, eclipse, and gaim. Most of my work is done on on linux machines.

Come to think of it, the only reason I'm not running linux at work is laziness...

I work on Windows based servers and PC's. I set up an old P90 machine to run as a Linux router once, but that's as far as I got. The software was already written, I just loaded and configured it. I never got any use out of it, so it may not have even worked. When I moved, I reloaded W95, took out the spare NIC and sold it at my garage sale.

6. Default

I work on Windows based servers and PC's. I set up an old P90 machine to run as a Linux router once, but that's as far as I got. The software was already written, I just loaded and configured it. I never got any use out of it, so it may not have even worked. When I moved, I reloaded W95, took out the spare NIC and sold it at my garage sale.
    Shoot, guess I missed this :)

I always chuckle at the idea of a windows server.

When I think server, I think some kind of Un*x variant or an IBM oddity (although IBM is all Linux all the time, now).

However, I should point out that most of the server systems I work with are running AIX, which just about predates Windows v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChuck
    Shoot, guess I missed this :)

I always chuckle at the idea of a windows server.

When I think server, I think some kind of Un*x variant or an IBM oddity (although IBM is all Linux all the time, now).

However, I should point out that most of the server systems I work with are running AIX, which just about predates Windows v1.0

Our main financial data is maintained and processed on an AIX RISC server. The vendor primarily maintains it, so outside of the data processing command interface we don't mess with it much.

Thread Information