Thread: wine crate humidor

Default wine crate humidor

So, I'm going to try to use a wine crate for a smallish humidor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110367957124

That one!

I'll remove the wine holders. I know it won't seal well where it closes, however, I'm going to add a bit of thin foam weather stripping around the lid, combine that with the hinges and closing hardware and I think it will actually be a pretty decent seal. It's pine, not cedar, but I can always line the interior with cedar. According to my math it's about 100ct size, which, in reality will not be anywhere near that of course.

Anyone see any glaring problems with this plan?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanl View Post
    So, I'm going to try to use a wine crate for a smallish humidor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110367957124

That one!

I'll remove the wine holders. I know it won't seal well where it closes, however, I'm going to add a bit of thin foam weather stripping around the lid, combine that with the hinges and closing hardware and I think it will actually be a pretty decent seal. It's pine, not cedar, but I can always line the interior with cedar. According to my math it's about 100ct size, which, in reality will not be anywhere near that of course.

Anyone see any glaring problems with this plan?
    If you get yourself some cedar and line it with that well I wouldn't see a problem. The trouble is that pine is a bit aromatic and that could seep into your smokes. Lined with cedar though i would think you would be ok.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Thread Information