Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Lancaster, PA

From one FNG to another, welcome aboard from the sandbox.

Kris

Blog Entries

Welcome from Ottawa, Canada!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

3. Default

Welcome. I'm actually from Lancaster too. Although now I'm at Penn State.

Welcome to boards! Enjoy your stay.
    Yay! Cigars!

5. Default

Lancaster eh? I'm not too far away from you. I am in the Harrisburg area. I used to travel to Lancaster quite a bit. I hate driving downtown Lancaster. I could never figure out the roads! haha. So what are the best cigar shops in your area?

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Sushiboy - You don't want to drive downtown Lancaster right now. They are converting the old Watt & Shand building (the one that has sat vacant for years in Lancaster Square) into a convention center and there are always road closings and detours. Luckily for me, I can take 10 miles of back roads to my job in Chester County As for cigar shops, I enjoy visiting Olde World Tobacco, on Route 30 right across from Tanger Outlets. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is very nice. There is also the Tinderbox, which is on Manheim Pike, north of the Park City in Chelsea Square. What shop(s) up your way is/are worth a ride? With the nice weather coming, I'll take any excuse to take a ride on the cycle.

badwhale -
    Nice bikes, BTW. I like the old Kaw. Looks like you actually wash your bike, unlike me!
    lol Naw, the bikes were just new at the time. I would rather ride than wash and you don't even want to see the grime covering my car.

alliaphagist - What are you studying @ Penn State? Dare I say, go Fighting Irish!

Alright everyone, I'll apologize up front because my responses will be delayed as I'm flying to Jamaica early tomorrow (departure time = 5:50 AM = suckiness) and am getting married on Saturday. I'm not sure if it was this forum or not, but I read somewhere that it is hard to acquire decent smokes down there, but I'm holding out hope that I find a decent cigar shop in Ocho Rios.

Later!
    Dan

7. Default

Cigars N More is worth a look-see.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Irish79 View Post

alliaphagist - What are you studying @ Penn State? Dare I say, go Fighting Irish!
    haha

and I'm studying engineering here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alliaphagist View Post
    Welcome. I'm actually from Lancaster too. Although now I'm at Penn State.
    Go Nittany Lions!

I've visited Happy Valley many times back in the 1980s, what a great campus.

Are you in a fraternity down there?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alliaphagist View Post
    haha

and I'm studying engineering here.
    LMAO! I agree with the aliaphagist

In 1985, I was at the Penn State/Notre Dame game. It was cold as hell and pouring rain. Penn State won the game and wound up being the #1 team in the country at the end of the season after beating Pitt the next weekend. I also went to the Orange Bowl that year when the Lions played #3 Oklahoma for the National Championship. PSU lost which sucks but it was great to be in Miami on New Year's Day instead of cold-as-hell Connecticut.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information