Thread: Preparing Perfectos

Default Preparing Perfectos

I have never smoked a perfecto, but picked up a couple at the local place. How do you cut them? (punch, v, or guillotine the best? and/or how far into the cigar) how much inchage is left when you politlely let it go out on it's own?
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Pomegranates: 0
    Funky Chickens: 2

I assume you’re talking about the head of the perfecto, because even if the end is closed, you don’t need to cut the foot. You will need a guillotine cutter for this job. The best way to do it, IMO, is to go about a third of the way to what would be the shoulder of a parejo style cigar and cut at a 45 degree angle to give you a wider opening. As you smoke, keep and eye out for tar buildup at the cut and don’t be afraid to recut it if it gets bitter. Let it go out when you don't want to smoke it any more.
    Captain, it is I!

i smoke a lot of Gran Cubita SMS perfectos, and i always use my punch cutter to make a small punch and it works fine. As for how long you smoke it, that depends on your personal tastes, I usually smoke mine down to a nub.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

4. Default

Perfectos, belicosos, torpedos, pyramides, and the like......I like to cut them a couple of times during the smoke....when the tar starts to build up they get a snip. This is one reason why I prefer cigars that have a unique shape/long head......YMMV.

Perfectos are also easy to light and require very little roasting because of this.....in my experience at least.
    The heat around the corner....

Hmm...I've never heard of cutting a cigar multiple times while smoking it...great idea, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 55Kingpin
    Perfectos, belicosos, torpedos, pyramides, and the like......I like to cut them a couple of times during the smoke....when the tar starts to build up they get a snip. This is one reason why I prefer cigars that have a unique shape/long head......YMMV.

Perfectos are also easy to light and require very little roasting because of this.....in my experience at least.

I agree, never thought about that before!!
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

7. Default

No problem fellas.....I'm always lookin' to spread my knowledge and gain some from someone else any chance I can get.

ETA: I also like to smoke my cigars down to a nub.....I find that mulitple cuts help me accomplish the longest smoke possible. YMMV.

Another tip is to throw your nubs into your garden or your wife's flower bed......I'm not a green thumb but it seems to help the soil.
    Last edited by 55Kingpin; 08-03-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    The heat around the corner....

Thread Information