Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
300 baud modems, man I remember those. I think I've still got a Zenith Z-Systems 300 baud sitting in a box somewhere right next to my 8 inch floppy discs and a working Compaq 386 "lunchbox" laptop (the one with the fold down 88 key keyboard) with an amber screen.

Apple II's (the plain II, not the IIc or IIe mind you), Trash 80's, Commodore PET's, Tandy 1000's, and the upgrade from the Commodore 64 to the 128.

Man I'm really reaching back into the stone age.

-K
I told myself I'd stay out of this but when you mentioned 8 inch floppies and Tandy 1000s I had to jump in.

I have fond memories of going into my parents closets and rearranging my fathers punch cards. I didn't know what they were at the time, they were one of his first successful programs (by successful I mean working).

Then when I started school we upgraded from an Vic28 to a Tandy 1000 with it's massive 40mb hard drive and a whole 1024kb of ram. It was the envy of everyone at my fathers job at the time.

Now I'm sitting with an Acer One Netbook on my lap with a 160gb hard drive, 1gb of ram and a 1.6ghz processor all in less then 1.5kg. Ahh technology, how I love it.