Thread: Love/Hate Relationship

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I kinda enjoy spending time on the board, reading reviews and researching smokes, and spending time with my BOTL's.

You can get my likes / dislikes from my reviews and posts.

Blog Entries

My list is divided right down the middle in black and white

Love it
    Women
    Cigars
    Beer
    ---------------
    rap music
    Cigarettes
    Mondays
    Hate It

Actually, my list changes so much, putting it in writing may tend to limit me somehow.. Too many good cigars out there!

Rock On though!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post

Love it
    Women
    Cool, I'll have to pick up a box.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alliaphagist View Post
    Cool, I'll have to pick up a box.
    They are VERY expensive by the box!

Even a fiver can create storage problems... I usually just pick up singles when I can, smoke them, and flick they're butts out into the street!

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

They are VERY expensive by the box!

Even a fiver can create storage problems... I usually just pick up singles when I can, smoke them, and flick they're butts out into the street!
    A nice touch of class for the board!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

The problem is this - you'll find with some more experience as your palate develops and you begin to recognize flavors, that cigars you thought you didn't like, you'll suddenly like, and you might not even know why. I've found that I enjoy a much larger variety of flavors than what initially fit in my little newbie taste box. Generally, unless we're talking about machine made "cigars" or really cheap crap handmades, I don't have a deep hatred for any cigars off the top of my head...

Blog Entries

That's a very good point Arty!

If I really think about it, there are very few cigars that I didn't enjoy on some level. Only one cigar marketed as at least semi-premium that I had a bad experience with the flavor.. damn Helix think in a blue tube.

That White Owl doesn't count.

I find that as long as I stick with the reputable manufacturers, and construction is acceptable, a cigar will provide me enjoyment.

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    The problem is this - you'll find with some more experience as your palate develops and you begin to recognize flavors, that cigars you thought you didn't like, you'll suddenly like, and you might not even know why. I've found that I enjoy a much larger variety of flavors than what initially fit in my little newbie taste box. Generally, unless we're talking about machine made "cigars" or really cheap crap handmades, I don't have a deep hatred for any cigars off the top of my head...
    It's time you tried a Manolete...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manolete.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	1005  

My list is divided right down the middle in black and white

Love it
    Women
    Cigars
    Beer
    Sounds like the making of a GREAT PIF bomb!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Sounds like the making of a GREAT PIF bomb!!!
    Ahhh.. the old W-C-B P.I.F.

I'm sure my mailman would LOVE that!

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Ahhh.. the old W-C-B P.I.F.

I'm sure my mailman would LOVE that!

He loves a LOT of things I do. I hate to disappoint...

Default ggiese

I [B]don't[B] think it offensive because it was a simply a suggestion. I think that sometimes new ideas and new ways of thinking are a great thing in this world. I would love to hear of some opinions other than yours because it seems that you take offense to just about anything. If you don't like my ideas thats fine, but you don't have to shoot me down just because i am a new guy. Out here on the farm we don't care if you are young, old, male, or female. If you work hard and do a good job then you are hired. We don't make everyone go through some kind of initiation and we don't have a 100 day/post waiting period. I don't mean to get all bent out of shape but some things hit a nerve with me. I may be a new guy here on this forum, but just because i don't have the vast cigar knowledge that you do doesn't make me your pee-on.

13. Default

We don't make everyone go through some kind of initiation and we don't have a 100 day/post waiting period. I don't mean to get all bent out of shape but some things hit a nerve with me. I may be a new guy here on this forum, but just because i don't have the vast cigar knowledge that you do doesn't make me your pee-on.
    That is how it works here bud. Don't like it ? then leave. maybe puff.com would suit you better. They all play nice and kiss each others ass and obey an asswipe of a board owner. Scumbags reign free and protected .
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by daredog4 View Post
    I [B]don't[B] think it offensive because it was a simply a suggestion. I think that sometimes new ideas and new ways of thinking are a great thing in this world. I would love to hear of some opinions other than yours because it seems that you take offense to just about anything. If you don't like my ideas thats fine, but you don't have to shoot me down just because i am a new guy. Out here on the farm we don't care if you are young, old, male, or female. If you work hard and do a good job then you are hired. We don't make everyone go through some kind of initiation and we don't have a 100 day/post waiting period. I don't mean to get all bent out of shape but some things hit a nerve with me. I may be a new guy here on this forum, but just because i don't have the vast cigar knowledge that you do doesn't make me your pee-on.
    you come on a cigar forum you have to prove yourself. You show the members here you have strong character. The cigar forum is a community and as such we look out for one another a 100 day 100 post rule, i take it you mean the PIF thread, is in effect to stop folks from coming here not wanting to actually contribute a damn thing and still benefit from the community. Does that sound like it would be fair to you? Also whether you like it or not this right now is our house, not yours. We built it and made it what it is. How would you like someone coming to your place and then immediately telling you that you needed to get new drapes? You become a member here, show us who you really are, earn some trust and some respect and then your ideas will maybe be listened to.

As far as the love it/ hate it idea, it's not the greatest. Cigars are subjective, all opinion. Reviews work better because they actually give the new member a reason a cigar is either good or bad. You tell me you hate a cigar without telling me why and I just take your word it is bad I could be missing out on a really good smoke. You tell me you hate it because it is too spicy tasting to you I may go right out and try it because spicy is one of my favorite cigar profiles. Get it?

Oh and one more thing, prolly one of the fastest ways to get shown the door is to start lipping off to senior members that have been here pretty much since the site was created. ggiese is very well respected on this forum and many others so I would proceed with caution if you actually want to show you belong here.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Default done

Edit: I originally said some things in this post that were stated in the moment and to all of you who have already seen it I apologize. I am a new guy and I will have to accept any criticism I receive for it. I will do my best to earn the trust and respect of everyone here and will do my best to not blow things out of proportion. Again, I am sorry for my rude remarks and have learned my lesson. This is the board that i want to be on because i feel that many of you here have a vast amount of knowledge to share and i don't want to loose that privelage.
    Last edited by daredog4; 04-06-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Apology

However, to those of you who want to slam me because i am new you can kiss my white ass.
    Yep not the direction you wanted to go man. I tried.

Oh and about ggiese, I checked some posts and he really has only responded in two of your threads so I'm confused as to what you are talking about.
    Last edited by prophetic_joe; 04-05-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Edit: I originally said some things in this post that were stated in the moment and to all of you who have already seen it I apologize. I am a new guy and I will have to accept any criticism I receive for it. I will do my best to earn the trust and respect of everyone here and will do my best to not blow things out of proportion. Again, I am sorry for my rude remarks and have learned my lesson. This is the board that i want to be on because i feel that many of you here have a vast amount of knowledge to share and i don't want to loose that privelage.
    Probably best to push away from the keyboard PRIOR to you making a reactive post. Crow doesn't usually taste so good - I've not found a suitable palatible way to fix it so it goes down any easier...

And it's really not good to edit your posts. If you say it - live by it. If you don't want to live by it - don't say it...

Blog Entries

Dang.....I just went back and read this whole thread. You've been given some sage advice daredog, it would be wise to heed it.

I'll add one more little piece........read more and post less. Some very valuable lessons can be learned in past posts.

I couldn't resist...

Last edited by EGQ; 04-09-2009 at 12:41 PM.

Thread Information