Thread: Mild Cigars?

Default Mild Cigars?

Hey guys,

Still new to the cigar smoking scene. I've been tasting around, and I still can only handle mild to medium flavored cigars.

Any suggestions?

I've tried:

JM's Dominican- Good for a cheapy $2 cigar
    Casa Torano- My favorite so far
    Oliva Series G- medium bodied, made me sick the first time, liked it better the second
    Macanudo Hampton Court- Pretty smooth and tasty

Private Stock #2: I felt like it was lacking in flavor.
    Private Stock: Got it in a churchill, medium filler, had a bit of a nutty taste to it. Had I not just eaten, might have made me a little sick, it was pretty strong.
    Romeo Y Julieta: I need to revisit this cigar, I smoked one my first week and found it not flavorful enough to warrant the expensive ticket price.
    Flor De Oliva: I very much liked the churchill that I picked up, just don't know anyone that sells them locally. I'll have to order some more.
    Gispert Robusto: Burned too quick and hot for me, but it tasted decent.
    Helix x550: Was a pretty tasty cigar, I picked it up in a toro. Was a little creamy, pretty mild.
    Oliva Series V: Loved it, but it did kick my ass, I was on nicotine overload for a bit.
    Arturo Fuente: I only had a toro AF, I forget which version, but it was pretty strong for me, little too... spicy? almost.

I've smoked a few of the Acid Cigars, I only liked one or two of them.

Any suggestions for a mild/medium bodied cigar? I need to know what to experiment with.
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

Unless its directed towards a freakin' smoker.

If you like Casa Torano I'd try Rocky Patel Vintange 99, Cusano 18 Double Connecticutt or Legends Green Label (one of Cigars International's house brands). Cu Avana is a very mild smoke as is La Aurora Superiores, cheap from CI. Serie G is a good medium stick in my opinion and you'll proly enjoy the CAO CX2. I'm a huge Arturo Fuente fan and, if you have the $$$, I recommend the Hemingway line. They aren't cheap but are super smooth

I picked up a Vintage 99, CAO Gold (they didn't have an X2 there), and an Arturo Fuente Hemingway churchill.

I'll hit them up as time allows :-D

Still waiting on my new humi to fully season so I can go stock up... I'd like to go snatch up some sticks before the April 1st tax hits, but I've only got a day or so for that to happen lol.
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

I also want to try the new Oliva Connecticut Reserve, anyone tried it yet?

I'm a fan of the Connecticut leaves, since I can't handle the darker ones yet.

Blog Entries

Montecristo White.

Default Oliva

Im a big fan of the Oliva Cigars. I started out loving the Serie G Maduro and the Flor de Oliva Maduro. Now that my palate is growing im now smoking the Maduro, MX2, and Master Blends. Also, don't forget about the Sol Cubano line. They are a nice mild/medium bodied cigar thats made by Oliva, and cost about 1/3 less than the normal Oliva line.

You might also try Padron, Perdomo lot 23, and Rocky Patel Rosado.

If you can't find what you are looking for you can buy them fairly cheap on the net. I get a lot from famous-smoke and cigarbid.

Default darker cigars

You might also consider that just because some wrappers are darker doesn't make them stronger. I have found that some of the maduros aren't stronger at all. In fact they can be sweeter and creamier than the connecticut. Just make sure you get some opinions and do some research before buying the darker ones.

Good advice!

Thanks, I'll have to get a few samplers. I usually buy from Famous Smoke.

You should really just go the Newbie Sampler thread.

I'll hit it up.

11. Default

I just had a Don Tomas Special Edition the other night, and it was quite a tasty medium body smoke.
    Last edited by sushiboy; 04-04-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Hoyo de monterrey epicure #2, RyJ cedros...those two come to mine...oh yeah and h. upmann corona majors.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

Thread Information