Thread: CAO Maduro Torpedo

Default CAO Maduro Torpedo

This cigar was a hard one for me to review because the first time i smoked it, i became sick to my stomach and had to quit about an inch in. Now I had only been smoking medium bodied cigars and had not really tried the more fuller bodied cigars yet. That being said, now that i have finished my third I have really come to enjoy and even appreciate the fullness of this cigar.

As far as construction i think it is pretty good. The maduro wrapper is a little veiny but is not too bad. There are a few small sunspots but nothing affecting the quality. The draw is between easy and medium. I have not had the draw issues that others have reported from the CAO line. Of course i made sure to give it at least a month in the humi for smoking.

The last cigar I smoked was an Oliva Serie G Maduro and this cigar i think is comparable in a few ways. It is a very rich cigar with lots of smoke. I think the Serie G was a little more creamy than this one but the CAO has more of a bold flavor that comes from the mixture of spice and wood/cedar flavors. It is somewhat of a complx smoke in that it begins with a lot spice and you can really feel it in your stomach, than as it progresses about half way in it mellows out a lot and becomes quite enjoyable.

Construction 9/10 (some veins and small sunspots)
    Draw 8.5/10 (i just like them to be a little more easy)
    Ash 9.5/10 (held on really well, and had to give it a hard tap to get it to fall)
    Burn 9.5/10 (very even)
    Consistency 8/10 (changes a lot after the first inch)

Average 8.9

For those of you who like a full bodied/complex cigar i think this qualifies. Since i am new to the fuller bodied cigars im sure my palate will become more accustomed to it and will not seem so bold. I can already tell that some of the cigars i used to like are now becoming slightly bland. I would defenitely smoke this one after a meal as it is defenitely felt in the stomach. I really look forward to smoking more full bodied cigars.

Blog Entries

Nice review!

Can't say I've had very many of these.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Thread Information