Thread: Newb Question

Default Newb Question

Will aging for a few years $5-6 cigars (like my fav H. Upmann) improve the taste? I know some people say crap in - crap out but I rather enjoy quite a number of cheap cigars I wonder if aging them would improve them. Just wanted to know what you think.

Many cigars benefit from 1-5 years of aging. I try my cigars at various periods in their age to get a feel for when they are smoking the way I like.
    Some cigars benefit from aging beyond this but those are mostly full bodied and mostly cuban in my experience.

Lusitania, Upmann no 2, Cohiba siglo series, trini, ramon allones, and boli come to mind as cigars that age very well beyond 5 years typicall.

Monte, por larranaga, dip, erdm, fonseca, ryj would be cigars that I would smoke before the 5 year mark. Please remember this is purely my taste and your mileage may vary.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

Essentially, you can age anything. As cigars age, they tend to mellow out and are more about the subtle flavors than strength. People prefer aging stronger Full-Bodied cigar because of this.

I've had some Mild Connecticut Broad Leaf cigars aging for 3 years or so. The only reason they were "aged" was that I moved into more Med-Full bodied cigars and they weren't doing it for me anymore.

However, I recently smoked one and it was really enjoyable. Experiences may vary.

Thread Information