Thread: Thinking about trying an AVO

Default Thinking about trying an AVO

I have not tried any of the AVO cigars yet and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I really like maduros so i was wondering about the AVO Maduro series. Although i would be open to any others as well.

Blog Entries

I don't have extensive experience with AVO, but the few I've had have been very well made cigars. The Domaine was quite enjoyable!
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Not a big fan...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Just had a Domaine Avo last night - very good cigar.
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Quote Originally Posted by daredog4 View Post
    I have not tried any of the AVO cigars yet and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I really like maduros so i was wondering about the AVO Maduro series. Although i would be open to any others as well.
    The LE05 was Avo's best - by far... You gotta give them a shot (if you can find them)!!!

Avo's 80th were a close second.

If you're ever in Orlando, stop by the Corona Cigar Company. They have a lot of hard to find, or one of a kind Avo cigars. And (if you're lucky) Avo will be there hanging out. If you're even luckier, you'll hear him play the piano...

I remember the AVO maduro being a dry smoke. Construction was really good, flavor was decent but more mild than I expected. Probably a little overpriced. Anyone tried the LE08?

Blog Entries

Do or do not; there is no try.

My first "real" cigar was an Avo, and I'm still smoking. For whatever that's worth.....

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

The avo 22 was the best. I think I have 1 left around here somewhere. They are impossible to get now.

Domain, classic, and maduro are ok. They have a bit of an edge that I don't care for.
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

I prefer the Avo Clasic #3, the Maduro is not bad but do not seem to burn as well as the Natural. If you are not sure about how you will like it go for the #2 (Toro size) it pretty much gives you the experience without the time commitment of the longer sizes.

I had the LE09 (Companero) last night, not a bad cigar, fuller bodied, but seemed to lack depth IMO. I have an LE that I bought in January 06 that I am saving for some special occasion. Yes I remember it being good enough to hold on to for that long.

Gene

Thread Information