Thread: Military Humidor

Default Military Humidor

Military Humidor
    The Lifetime Gift for Military Promotions and Retirements.

100% Hand-Made in the United States of America With a 10-Year Warranty

www.premiumboxes.com

21" wide X 15" deep X 8" tall.
    Hand-Made with 100% solid wood (no veneer or MDF).
    Consists of Figured Cherrywood, premium Spanish Cedar and Wenge trim and dovetails.
    Electronic, microprocessor controlled humidifier with AC and battery control.
    10" X 8" engraved U.S Seal on the top lid.
    Left-side cigar box storage capable of 200 cigars and right-side double trays for up to 100 individual cigars.
    100% made in the United States of America. Absolutely no veneer is used. The humidor is made of very thick Figured Cherry wood, lined with the finest Spanish Cedar money can buy, and black Wenge wood for the lid trim and dovetails. The hinges are handmade Brusso brass.

There are over 8 hours of manual work just to create the side coves, cutting 1/16th of an inch at a time and sanding in between. The Wenge dovetails takes another 4 hours to complete.

10-year Warranty and signed Letter of Authenticity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	humidor-size-comparison.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	military-humidor-1.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	military-humidor-2.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	military-humidor-8.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	991   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	military-humidor-side-angle.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	992  

Last edited by kyle maliszewski; 03-27-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Dude - you're posting the same stuff way to many times.

Default New humidor Premiumboxes

My bad, After i built this i was excited like a new kid, didnt mean to offend you.

How much?

Default Reply to "How much?"

Thanks for the question. There are two military humidor models:

1. $1575 for the one as shown.
    2. $1295 for the same thing as shown but with flat sides (no coves or dovetails). Other than that, #2 is identical.

Sincererly,

Kyle Maliszewski
    http://www.premiumboxes.com

Quote Originally Posted by kyle maliszewski View Post
    My bad, After i built this i was excited like a new kid, didnt mean to offend you.
    Nobodies offended, however when you come on a site and have only 9 posts to your name and everyone of them pertains to a humidor that you made and are apparently selling you cease being a person that wants to contribute to our community and instead become a salesperson trying to unload a product. You've posted 4 different threads about this humidor if it hasn't sold you need to knock off posting about it and move on or start posting about cigars. Either way it looks like nobody is buying from you.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

It does look like a pretty nice box though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    It does look like a pretty nice box though.

It does look nice but if I am spending $1500 on a humidor it is going to hold more smokes than that.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

He has a nice product, he's finally in the right section -- and I will keep his product in mind when I decide to splurge on a nice desktop humi. Hell -- I may even drop an extra $400 to get my pretty face carved on the top. Now back to discussing cigars...
    Last edited by EGQ; 04-04-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Default Isn't cigar storage about cigars?

As a beginner to these forums, I can certainly understand the desire to criticize a person that seems to be promoting a product of his own. I also understand that I should 'contribute' to the discussions in a meaningful, non-salesman way, and I know the difference between good content and advertising. Nevertheless, there is always two sides to a story.

At the start, I hardly even knew where to post, let alone navigate this big place. Since then, many have been nice and only one or two have been borderline in their communications, and again, I understand why. For those who have been here a long time and have hundreds of posts and replies about cigars, I do not fit in.

That being said, humidors (for storing cigars) are such an important and intricate part of cigars. Because of this, I wanted to show my product which I am very proud of it. I added no prices, just a link to my site which a very good friend of mine and 18 year Army buddy helped me build. Last year, this Army buddy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and, knowing he doesn't have much time here on earth, he has dedicated his time to me and my small business with all he has, on the days he feels okay. He helps everyone he comes in contact with and far more than they could have ever asked for. He would help anyone here in this forum with web design and marketing for free in a heartbeat if they just asked. I would help anyone as well, yet I have little talent. But if you had farm and needed help, I would take leave from the military and help you. If you were disabled and in need of someone to take you places, I would do that to. If you were unable to pay your bills and I had extra money, I would help you. It's who I am and my friends are the same way.

When I came back from a tour in Iraq, the doctors asked me how I felt. I said that I was homesick and a little down. They gave me anti-depressant drugs like candy and I got stuck on them for 5 years. I was never even clinically depressed. What the hell do they think you feel like after a couple years in a war zone? But since these were civilian-contracted doctors who get 50-70% of the drug's profit, I guess they saw it as an opportunity to get rich. Anyway, when I told my friend above about this, he immediately helped me get off of them. It was a very difficult process to do, but I did it with his help. I can't imagine how many other Soldiers are stuck on these worthless $300 a month drugs. I am now happier than I have ever been and have much more energy. What does this have to do with cigars? Nothing. It has to do with greed and having a good friend helping you see the light.

I have been in the Army for 17 years and during difficult tours and a family, I have attained my Masters Degree. I am nearing retirement and want to move on with my life in a meaningful way. I want to create products that I am extremely proud of; something that is patriotic and special to me. For those who think it's about the money, nothing could be further from the truth.

It's about doing something you love and having people be appreciative of your hard work; like the last sale this week from a retired police officer in New York, who said the actual humidor was 10X better than the pictures on the site and that those pictures were great. He also liked the engraved US Seal. It was something special to him I suppose.

It's about making things in AMERICA, while nearly 98% of the humidors used in this country are cheap imports from the same country we are now borrowing trillions from. Nearly every single cigar shop and website in this country sells their goods. I cannot work for $2-$3 per hour and that is okay because that is not my market. My focus is to see if I can compete in this market with what I do, even in this tough economy. So far, it is working.

And I don't just sell humidors - I build things that can be passed on for generations. I consider them a work of art, not some fancy veneer covered humidor with inferior Spanish cedar, made in a sweatshop somewhere overseas. If someone says "I would not pay that much for a humidor" that is fine with me. It tells me they do not want to spend what I charge, but others will. That's why there are Mustangs, Porsches and the Ferraris. We just happened to be the Porsche. And my prices are very fair for the amount of labor and material costs. Has anyone seen the price for REAL Spanish cedar these days, not to mention thick figured Cherry wood? Then of course there is the electronic humidifier, Wenge trim, hand-made Brusso hinges, engraving and artwork plus all the other craft labor. I would never trust this project to an overseas shop. Never.

Lastly, it's about making a humidor with a goal of exceeding the value of the expensive brand names ones that go for $3k-$6k, simply because of a name and some added silver or stone accents. I have personally seen and used these, and they aren't 'all that'. They are worth about the price of mine even though nearly all are smaller. Some are not even made in America, when the company is actually based here. Not to say that is wrong, but it lacks real ownership and is a usually done for profit only. Cigar Aficionado even talks about the fact that once these fine humidors go into big production, they lose the precision work and detail that is critical to perfection.

So, I have spoken about humidors, friends and a little more about me -not cigars. Yet, as I have learned many times, it is not about satisfying your thirst...it's about actually drinking the water. Apart from functionality, the aesthetic aspects of a humidor are of great importance. The humidor is a piece of furniture and an important part of smoking culture. Offering precious cigars from a beautifully constructed humidor can dramatically increase the pleasure of smoking fine tobacco. I myself prefer a humidifier capable of maintaining 14% moisture at ALL times.

Sincerely,

Sergeant First Class Kyle Maliszewski
    Builder of the Finest Military Humidors in the World!
    Last edited by kyle maliszewski; 04-04-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Information