Thread: Travel humidor

1. Default Travel humidor

I am looking to get a travel humidor to hold about 5-10 cigars. Any suggestions?

In general, travel humidors seem to be mediocre.

They have little sponges that help maintain some humidity, but they seem to be more about protecting them from damage than drying out.

I haven't heard of a truly successful travel humidor yet. Anyone correct me?
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

Unless its directed towards a freakin' smoker.

Oh and that being said, I use this...

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/Merchan...ode=TVHUMIDORS

And like it. It's a good size (5 Cigars) and holds 5 of my churchills no problem. I've kept cigars in there for a couple days while on trips for work and kept them from drying out fairly well.
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

Unless its directed towards a freakin' smoker.

I've got the big 50 count version, but I plan on using it solely for tubed cigars like my Camacho's, Gurhka infused maduro's, etc., when I go home on vacation from Iraq.

Blog Entries

Mediocre?

I use cigar caddies all the time, for as long as two weeks at a time, and never had a cigar dry out on me. The seal is great on them, a few drops of water in the foam and they'll keep your cigars safe and in perfect condition.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Famous, CI and others regularly run specials where you get the travel humi free. A while back I got a very nice one (hard aluminum like Halliburton luggage) that couldn't be better. I usually just throw in a humi-pac if it's a week or more. I'll come back later with a pic.

I just got this one in stock from visol. Pretty cool little box. You don't see too many like this around.

Madrid
    www.prohumidors.com - Premium Humidors and Cigar accessories.

I keep a plastic tube (that some humidity gel came in) about three quarters full of beads in my travel humidor. Works great for the few weeks I have had to use it.

Gene

Thread Information