Thread: A Cigar is Never Merely a Cigar.....

Blog Entries

Default A Cigar is Never Merely a Cigar.....

Other than the obvious Freudian reference in the thread title, does anyone know what significance this phrase has in Cigarsmokers.com history?

Would it surprise you to know that "A Cigar is Never Merely a Cigar" was the title of the web page for the first incarnation of Cigarsmokers.com? Here is a link to the earliest version of the page that I could get:
    http://web.archive.org/web/199704140...arsmokers.com/

The "board" was started in 1993 by Joseph M. Johnston as a place for cigar discussion and the sharing of the hobby among smokers across the country. From clicking around in the web archives, it is interesting to note that some things never change. Asshats were around then......weirdos were around then.....and so were BOTL's.

The board existed as "A Cigar is Never Merely a Cigar" until about mid-year of 2004, at which time the domain was purchased by our own Hex1848.

cigarsmokers.com history.....
    Last edited by ashauler; 04-02-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks for the history lesson. I kinda like the name. Sounds like something Groucho Marx or George Burns would have said.

3. Default

Did not know that...

Thank you Miguel, for making the site not a headache to look at. Especially the "enhanced graphics version." That one made me nauseous.

Thread Information