Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No more cigars, is that humor? LOL

1. Default No more cigars, is that humor? LOL

I am trying to be humorous about it. I am trying to put a smile on my face.

Since I got laid off, the lady of the house says, no more cigars for you!

My one true pleasure! All I ask is to let me have my Corona!!! I hate this economy.

Sigh. She won't even let be break down a little to buy cheap bundle from catalog.

I am going to try to hold my head high (and try to squirrel away a dollar a week).

Thanks for all you out there for all the good advice and enjoy it, for who knows what tomorrow holds.

Sincerely,

Smokeless.

Blog Entries

Damn, that's a real bitch, sorry to hear it. You didn't have enough stashed away to get you by for a few weeks?

Hmmm.....

One and only post.

Looking for a handout? lol
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

Unless its directed towards a freakin' smoker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CatalystOfChaos View Post
    One and only post.

Looking for a handout? lol
    C'mon, the guy's down on his luck.

Yeah... so was I.

I started working for chacha.com as an independent contractor, made $30 a day. it's not much, but its something.
    America is all about tolerance. We love tolerance, we love the melting pot, and we hate intolerance...

I agree this is pretty tacky for a first post. Don't get me wrong, I feel and pray for all of those out of work or stretching to get by. However, one does not become part of a community by showing up with a sob story on day one. In hard times, the essentials have to be met (food, water, rent, transportation, utilities etc.) Luxuries such as cigars, booze, and entertainment have to take a back seat until things get better. Winter always makes way for Spring! or in other words- This too shall pass.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Very true, James... but I would have rather seen him here when he was smoking instead of showing up when he could no longer afford cigars. Not only tacky but it takes a good amount of chutzpa. Red flags exist in good times and bad.

...so, I'm just watching.

Blog Entries

That scene, in Basketball Diaries, you know the one in the subway bathroom comes to mind.

You could try that?

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I get off when I get laid. Can I have a cigar too?

Wait, did I mess the order up here?

Not for me anyway.

FUNNIEST JOKE EVER! Much better then fish sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    FUNNIEST JOKE EVER! Much better then fish sticks.
    Such a great episode lol

Blog Entries

awwwwwww you guys are mean. I bet when GG see's this he will send him some cigars.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Kanye?
    Smoke em' if you got em'

Quote Originally Posted by gfrlaser View Post
    I am trying to be humorous about it. I am trying to put a smile on my face.

Since I got laid off, the lady of the house says, no more cigars for you!

My one true pleasure! All I ask is to let me have my Corona!!! I hate this economy.

Sigh. She won't even let be break down a little to buy cheap bundle from catalog.

I am going to try to hold my head high (and try to squirrel away a dollar a week).

Thanks for all you out there for all the good advice and enjoy it, for who knows what tomorrow holds.

Sincerely,

Smokeless.
    Not a problem, but an opportunity!!! Don't look at the glass as half empty - view it as half full!!!

All you have to do is move to Nicaragua, Honduras or the Dominican Republic - make application for work at the local cigar factories - and you can smoke free o' charge!!!

...or open a cigar store. Lots of freebies there! There was a guy down in Santo, Texas - Michael Grauman I believe the name was. He was looking to do the same. Sounds like you two oughta pair up - could be dangerous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    awwwwwww you guys are mean. I bet when GG see's this he will send him some cigars.
    ..funny you said that. I was going to get with Kevin and see if we couldn't put a little something together...

Blog Entries

you guys are good people I don't care what anyones says about you!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

This is the stuff that eats at me a bit. I knew times were tough so last year I got a new job that got me 50% more pay. I had to go from driving a company car 90 miles one way to driving my personal car 110 miles one way but I needed to support my family. I pay my taxes - live within my means - pay a mortgage I can afford. When the price of gas went up last year to over $4 around here I just bought a more gas efficient vehicle. And I made darn sure I bought American made. But I didn't cry about it and ask for handouts from the gas man. I'm not asking for a stimulus plan, or a federal bailout, or free smokes.

Yeah the economy sucks. You know what sucks about it? The whiners. "Oh, I lost my job" well you should have gotten a better friggin skill. Prisoners always have a job making furniture, or chain gang, or something. If you can't find a job in this country you're just not trying. I'm pretty sure the Army is still hiring and the Marines (for damn sure the Marines) could use some help. If I can make it where I am, and I'm just a former high school drop out, then anybody can make it anywhere. Hey, you are where you put yourself. But that's just how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by knightnorth View Post
    This is the stuff that eats at me a bit. I knew times were tough so last year I got a new job that got me 50% more pay. I had to go from driving a company car 90 miles one way to driving my personal car 110 miles one way but I needed to support my family. I pay my taxes - live within my means - pay a mortgage I can afford. When the price of gas went up last year to over $4 around here I just bought a more gas efficient vehicle. And I made darn sure I bought American made. But I didn't cry about it and ask for handouts from the gas man. I'm not asking for a stimulus plan, or a federal bailout, or free smokes.

Yeah the economy sucks. You know what sucks about it? The whiners. "Oh, I lost my job" well you should have gotten a better friggin skill. Prisoners always have a job making furniture, or chain gang, or something. If you can't find a job in this country you're just not trying. I'm pretty sure the Army is still hiring and the Marines (for damn sure the Marines) could use some help. If I can make it where I am, and I'm just a former high school drop out, then anybody can make it anywhere. Hey, you are where you put yourself. But that's just how I feel.
    Right on!

My grandfather used to say, "If the government took all the money away from the rich - and redistributed it equally amongst everyone - within a very short period of time the same people that were rich would be rich again, and the same people that had nothing would have nothing again."

If you're not SUCCESSFUL, you only have yourself to blame. The US have some of the most stringent laws around workplace discrimination - sex, race, creed, color, sexual orientation, age, disability, - you name it - it's covered and vigorously prosecuted. Our national education system is solid and reasonably priced - with plenty of opportunities for scholarships, grants, loans, etc. Many employers have tuition reimbursement programs, and encourage their employees to continue their education. Bottom line - how could you NOT be successful?

Perhaps I've been fortunate - with very little effort on my part I've managed to make a decent living. I regret some decisions I've made that didn't position me better (i.e. education) - I had the potential to be in an even better place than I am - but I truly have no one else to blame.

Altitude has everything to do with attitude.

Never collected unemployment. Left home at 18 and have never been back. Joined the service and learned discipline. Taught myself a job skill from a computer hobby, and switched over to work a job using that skill. Got out, got a decent paying entry level job and used GI bill and job tuition assistance to go to college. Busy? Yes, that's the way life is.

The point is that I'm doing well despite the fact that I wasted away my free time for quite a few years on worthless endeavors. Although some of those endeavors (computer work and ham radio) taught valuable skills and concepts. It's really not that hard to make it, if you're willing to try.

If I'd have been willing to do what it took earlier in life, I could have really been something!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Thread Information