Thread: CAO Brazlia Gol!

Default CAO Brazlia Gol!

Well I smoked the Brazilia Gol! as instructed by the forum (see http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t11619-w...moke-next.html). It was definitely a good mid-week, unwinding cigar. (had a particularly stressful and long day today).

Filler - Nicaraguan
    Wrapper - Brazlian
    5 x 56

1st Third - Had an ok draw to it, nothing really spectacular. Started with a slightly earthy flavor which was smooth and had a medium feeling.

2nd Third - Draw remained consistent to maybe a touch easier. Got a kind of spice taste mixed into the earthy flavor and the smoke got a little bolder.

Last Third - Great draw (it was approximately 35 minutes into it), and the cigar wasn't really hot at all, very very enjoyable. Taste continued a little spicy earth.

All in all it was a great cigar that I think I will get a few more of. Thanks all I can't wait to see what the Criollo Pato tastes like (even if I have to got through the Italia to get there)!
    Last edited by LawDog2006; 04-15-2009 at 09:56 PM.

I'd love to hear whether I got a bad stick, or this is indicative of this cigar. My wrapper had one small split before I even smoked it, and it got worse and worse as I smoked with additional splits and unraveling in places. It's been in my well-controlled humidor for a couple months, so it should have been ready for smoking.

That all said, this cigar tasted good from the beginning. It starts off pretty light in flavor, and builds up from there. I would call it a mild-medium in flavor and body at first, but there's much more to be had in flavor, body and complexity as you smoke it. It's fun and interesting to have the flavors develop so obviously.

Burn quality is good. Fairly even, and no tendency to go out if you let it sit for a minute or two. It produced plenty of smoke through the first 2/3 or so. When there was 1/3 left it needed a couple puffs to get smoke going, but no big deal.

The wrapper issues interfered with enjoyment a bit, but the flavors were so interesting and good that I didn't give up. Trying to figure out if it's worth trying a couple more, so I'd appreciate hearing from others regarding the wrapper issue.

One split wrapper doesn't mean anything. It can happen to any cigar. If you liked the taste, it would be worth getting more.

Blog Entries

I agree with Logan

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

I have to admit the CAO cigars that I have had have all been consitently good. Not a bad one so far. The Brazillia is a nice stick for sure. Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Nice review.
    I have had very good experiences with CAO. I have smoked all three of the ones you've mentioned, and enjoyed each in a different way.
    This is a great hobbie!

7. Default

The Brazilia is one of my favorite smokes. CAO is an awesome brand.

Thread Information